silver lining to taking less kids in this class

dmcanes

Recruit
Pete I heard we were going to take 3 of our 9 lost schollys this year. Does not having any late addition s change this thinking do we try to get 5 or 6 of the lost scholarship s out of the way this year?

Advertisement
Pretty sure NCAA said 'no dice' to that - 3/year or bust. I still think we sign more kids after NSD and fill up the roster.

Pretty sure NCAA said 'no dice' to that - 3/year or bust. I still think we sign more kids after NSD and fill up the roster.

ghost, I think the NCAA said they wouldn't reduce the total number, not that we couldn't allocate them the way we want in that 3 year period.

Advertisement
To clear things up: NCAA said we can't use our self imposed reduced scholarship reduction towards the nine.

The only silver lining to this class is that DBs we didnt get open up more spots for next years class

True the DB class is loaded, but are you really that confident we can get the best ones? I dont doubt we can recruit the **** out of them and even get some to commit but do you feel confident that we can close them?

Advertisement
The only silver lining to this class is that DBs we didnt get open up more spots for next years class

True the DB class is loaded, but are you really that confident we can get the best ones? I dont doubt we can recruit the **** out of them and even get some to commit but do you feel confident that we can close them?

To go one step further, I want to reach the point where we get great players at each position each year ala Bama, FSU and LSU.

To go one step further, I want to reach the point where we get great players at each position each year ala Bama, FSU and LSU.

Lets slow our role here buddy, but if there is one thing about this class that is refreshing is that at least there is some semblance of balance.

As far as I know we have a reduction of 9 but have to have at least 1 a year. So we could do 7 this year, then 1 and 1.

pretty sure we can allocate the 9 scholarship loss however we wanted over the 3 year span (1-1-7, 3-3-3, 2-5-2, etc.). If thats the case, looks like we may be 5 under this year. Even if we add a guy or two after today, a couple of guys are likely to transfer out as a few do every year.

Advertisement
Clearly we didn't fill all our spots for this year, win-win for golden

1. He gets to take a np bunch of the limitations during 2014

2. Another built in excuse about how we had to limit schollies..... Even though the truth is that not enough kids said yes

If we have a little attrition than we can actually get most of our scholarship reductions out of the way. There will be no BS from start to finish next recruiting cycle. While there are some players we sure would have liked to have, it is important to balance the class numbers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back