Signing Day Profile: S Avantae Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if he can be plugged in as the nickel. Or if any of the other safeties can play some corner? Bolden makes a full recovery and we'll have some good S and DE and athletic but young LB's. Curious how the CB and DT positions play out over spring and fall.
Avante and Jalen Harrell can play corner

Young Safeties struggle to pick up Manure’s system. So I can’t see him playing any meaningful minutes at Safety as a true freshman unless we suffer a spate of injuries. But he’s exactly the type of bushwhacker who can make an enormous impact on STs as a freshman.
Agreed. No way he passes up Bolden, Hall or Carter. All those dudes know the system and have played in huge spots. I would love to see him get some looks at Nickel though or Striker. Feel like he's fast enough to cover slot WRs and can tackle TE's. Anyway, get him on special teams in all facets!

Advertisement
No they can't, like wat makes you even think that. They would get cooked at corner. Avante's biggest weakness is coverage and Jalen Harrell is to slow.
Agreed. Those are two great prospects but not at corner.

Harrell to me is the perfect fit as our striker. He’s really big. He will play at 225-230 on a 6-2 frame. He’s bigger than Romeo Finley by a good bit. Not quite as fast in a straight line but better hips for coverage and better range. I think he is taylor made for that position. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if he wins that position sooner than later.

Agreed. Those are two great prospects but not at corner.

Harrell to me is the perfect fit as our striker. He’s really big. He will play at 225-230 on a 6-2 frame. He’s bigger than Romeo Finley by a good bit. Not quite as fast in a straight line but better hips for coverage and better range. I think he is taylor made for that position. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if he wins that position sooner than later.
Harrell is gonna be a monster if developed correctly I see Isaiah Simmons type of player obviously not as fast. But he can guard slower wrs and can live in the box when he puts on weight. Ideal thing is to have him covering tes on early downs and roaming on 3rd

Harrell is gonna be a monster if developed correctly I see Isaiah Simmons type of player obviously not as fast. But he can guard slower wrs and can live in the box when he puts on weight. Ideal thing is to have him covering tes on early downs and roaming on 3rd

Good stuff, hope so...I have no problem with Harrell at all. He can't help where he's ranked. Glad to get him.

Advertisement
Yes I think Harrell is really good. There aren’t many HS prospects with his size who possess legit cover skills. He’s a unique prospect. We are really fortunate he is here. He’s a day 1 guy.

No they can't, like wat makes you even think that. They would get cooked at corner. Avante's biggest weakness is coverage and Jalen Harrell is to slow.

Jalen Harrell is as good or better prospect than DJ Ivey out of high school, Avante did very well in man coverage at paradise camp, he has the athleticism to play in the slot

Advertisement
Back