Signing Day Post-Mortem: What went wrong? (Long- no BS)

Advertisement
I expected far worse, tbh.

I find it impossible to have any positive hope for anything good regarding this program.

Thanks, Donna.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The kids that wanted to be here are here.

We can win with them - they're talented and they have the right personality to succeed. It's all about developing those players now.

It's not worth worrying about why a few players decided to go elsewhere. They're not our concern any more.

So glad this day is over. Now we can move on.

I’m only disappointed in not landing one of the CBs and Coburn. The rest - nothing to cry about.

Time to see if this staff can take the team to the next step in the Fall. Are we poised to be Clemson yet? Nope. Be our realistic targets for the year should be:

- Dominate more. Fewer squeakers.
- No late season collapses to marginal squads like Pitt.
- Win our bowl game.

Year 3 so this is the big test for Richt.

Our DT recruiting is Al Golden level. We're going to have to start banging the table for Jucos. You can't make the playoffs when you have to rely on Juco and grad transfer. We should know first hand because that all we could ever land with Al Golden here.

Rumph has to go. There is no way around it. No excuse for it. If this year didn't show Richt Rumph has 0 ties or pull in south florida then IDK what to say. He couldn't pull guys he has known and coach since their youth. How are we suppose to expect him to pull elite guys he have no connection to or non-Canes legacies? I would also have to assume that Richt entire purpose of hiring an inexperience HS coach like Rumph was to have ties to AH and other SFL schools. He has neither.

This is not a mike rumph problem.rumph is a good coach just not better than tucker or Saban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban he's not. Mel Tucker is a crap coach.

Idk about that tucker have a track record with good DBs play n rumph have two year n college football coaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 years ago most of the elite athletes were still in their neighborhood schools. Now lots of them are at private schools and they are thriving. They see they can succeed and the next step is to leave there urban home for Tusc, Gainsv, Athens, Tallah, etc. Miami needs to hit harder on prospects from more rural areas of the south, those kids are probably tired of the stix.

Advertisement
What happened was, our fans got their hopes up because far too many of them are just flat out retarded.

We never had a shot with Surtain, never. Don't care what any insider claims, going back as far as July of 2016, Surtain never even considered going to Miami. Pat Sr doesn't give 2 ***** about Miami & isn't as "buddy buddy" with Rumph as people might have foolishly believed.

He never had any intentions on sending his kid to Miami. Chad Wilson also heavily negatively recruits against Miami which is why AH kids don't wanna come here.

Campbell was unfortunate, I think he's a good kid that just wanted to go elsewhere.

Did yall ever notice that in all of the 10,000 AH threads you never saw me comment once? Did I have insider info? Nope, didn't need any, I knew they weren't coming. Which is why you guys need to learn how to read croots. Vets saw this one coming a mile away, D$ said he didn't think we'd get the Corners, but nobody wanted to listen.

Ultimately, finishing with a top 10 class is great for us considering how the season ended. We definitely need to sure up Defensive recruiting & add a guy that can close on the trail. It wasn't the finish we wanted but it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. DL recruiting was sub par though, that **** needs to be fixed asap.

I know yall gon cry forever in a day, so hopefully after all the tears have dried we can get back to Cane Football come this Spring & focus on what matters the most.

What I really wish would happen is for some of you guys to just seriously quit agonizing & just go root for a new team. Why put yourself through it every year? What do you get out of crying every single year come NSD? The guys yall want us to get always end up at Bama, so there's the solution to your problem, follow them & put that Tide hat on lol

Good post. One thing I've learned over the years. The buck stops with the HC. Staffs come and go. When you have a new HC the key questions have to do with performance on the field, recruiting, player development, behavior patterns, and academic performance. are we moving in the right direction as a program since CMR took over? The answer has to be yes. This meltdown may to some degree be on us. We never had buying signs from either Surtain or Campbell. We should have written Jobe off a long time ago. We are by nature wishful thinkers. Having said this remember we have a seasoned HC who has been successful for a lot of years. You have to think he will tweak things to address deficiencies unlike Al who resisted change. He added staff last year and it payed dividends. He'll do what he needs to do.

Advertisement
What ****es me off was not so much that Rumph **** the bed with the AH corners, it is that he was arrogant about his recruiting. Instead of casting a wide net and trying to snag Divaad Wilson, Samuel, Troutman etc he pin points 3 corners who you know Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Alabama are gonna pay for. if we had signed2 of those non AH corners I would not give a **** about losing these AH prima donnas. Instead we are still thin at corner, in a year where DB talent was abundant in S Florida. Poor planning.
same goes with our DL recruiting. You need a far greater net in recruiting, and you need it early to sign DT's amd DE's.

Huge miss on PS2 and Campbell, although expected. Presumably, Rumph was hired to create a pipeline to AH and other area schools and to date that has not materialized. He needs to fix that ASAP.

However, the biggest fail of this years recruiting class was DL, which was our strength last year, at least against the pass. We had 15 DL on roster last year and lost 7, 5 out our 2 deep. We only signed 3 new DL, of which only 1 is really ready to contribute right away, 1 project (Miller, who may be a gem) and one who is expected to redshirt (Rousseau). One or two key injuries here and the season could be in jeopardy, which would counter the theory that if we just win they will come. We are likely to lose another 3 after next year going into 2019 recruiting with a Huge deficit to address on the DL, along with OL and possibly LB. We cannot expect to compete for Conference championship’s or the playoffs like this, especially when we are not landing the Top players from Palm Beach County on down.

Advertisement
So, last August, you're told that we finish with the top 5 Rivals class overall, and you think . . . .

Ending the season with a 3 game losing streak is what happened. If it wasn't for the early signing period, our class would have ended up MUCH worse.

Advertisement
Back