Sign of the Times

Losing Teddy B. was a casualty of circumstance and since we have Morris it lessens the sting a little.

I wouldn't take another year of Corch just to have Teddy now.

Not sure if Gio was coming here regardless either.

na Gio was going to ND until Weis got fired. UNC was his second choice he wanted to get out of SFL

Advertisement
To be fair

That was Golden's first few months on the job

No way he had time to recruit half of these players

But go on ahead and look at the list of the kids the year after

You just cant hold that first recruiting class against golden. With the dead pwriod he only had a couple weeks I believe to recruit.
But he went after bridgewater and cooper. Golden wont get all of them but as long as he tries his hardest to get them then there isnt much to complain about other than them not choosing miami.

Well it looks like they just gave the awards to anybody who made an all conference team regardless of conference. To be honest, I'd take some of our backups over an all-conference player from Conference USA, the Sun Belt, MAC, etc. The ones that hurt are the all-conference team members from Alabama.

People what golden did in 2012 is just the beginning, 2011 he had like 3 weeks, but just look at 2012 for an instance...that was with sanctions looming and coming off a 6-6 season. Just wait till the sanctions stuff is gone and we start winning 10+ year in year out, hopefully, 2014 class will be the start of that

Advertisement
Well it looks like they just gave the awards to anybody who made an all conference team regardless of conference. To be honest, I'd take some of our backups over an all-conference player from Conference USA, the Sun Belt, MAC, etc. The ones that hurt are the all-conference team members from Alabama.

Whoa slow down just because someone plays in a weak conference doesn't make the player anyless good. Plenty of NFL examples...
That conference thing is hyped as well for all the hype about the SEC most of the good players in the League are from the Big East, ACC, or PAC-12. None of those right now are currently seen as elite conferences. Except the Pac-12.

Advertisement
Back