Sideline hoodies

Advertisement
They're aiming for like a retro off-white but that's definitely too "yellow".

How do you know what they are aiming for? You have to see that **** in person to believe it.

Furthermore, let's just say the first batch of ink came out all wrong...that's what quality control is for...you don't **** up AND THEN MASS-PRODUCE THE **** UP. It's just ridiculous. I understood in Year 1 when the football player name jersey nameplates used that terrible font and were corrected, but you don't make hundreds of thousands of those before you realize the mistake.

Anyhow...if you want that piece of **** "retro off-white" jersey, feel free to make the purchase. Otherwise, I expect to see those things sitting on the same display rack in the bookstore six months from now...for half-price...

Alright, so I have some...complex...news...and while I'd like the mopes and "insiders don't know nothin', man" whiners not to overreact, they probably will anyhow...

So...on Friday I found out that Harry is leaving AllCanes...and will apparently be managing an adidas superstore across the street from UM...that will apparently be heavy on UM merch...

First...no idea why adidas couldn't have done this 8 years ago. I thought that was inherent in their promises of a Miami Planet.

Second...I have no idea whether UM wants this...or knew about this...in advance. I know how Alonzo feels about Nike/adidas. I thought I knew how Dan felt about Nike. My memory tells me that we didn't hire Tom Jurich. So I have no idea what in the actual **** is happening right now....

Third...I have no idea whether anyone knows what will happen if Miami leaves adidas...although I'm sure that this new adidas store would pivot to Messi and Inter Miami merch...

But this development is...confusing...particularly when I (and others) have vented to Harry about how much we hate the adidas deal and merch, and how much we want to go back to Nike...

Anyhow, I am committed to reporting the latest news, regardless of my personal feelings or anyone trying to make accusations that inside information cannot be trusted (simply because things take twists and turns before arriving at the finish line)...

Weird news, for sure....

How do you know what they are aiming for? You have to see that **** in person to believe it.

Furthermore, let's just say the first batch of ink came out all wrong...that's what quality control is for...you don't **** up AND THEN MASS-PRODUCE THE **** UP. It's just ridiculous. I understood in Year 1 when the football player name jersey nameplates used that terrible font and were corrected, but you don't make hundreds of thousands of those before you realize the mistake.

Anyhow...if you want that piece of **** "retro off-white" jersey, feel free to make the purchase. Otherwise, I expect to see those things sitting on the same display rack in the bookstore six months from now...for half-price...
Lol bro you are way too passionate about this topic. I never said that I wanted it I was simply explaining why they may have chosen that color.

Alright, so I have some...complex...news...and while I'd like the mopes and "insiders don't know nothin', man" whiners not to overreact, they probably will anyhow...

So...on Friday I found out that Harry is leaving AllCanes...and will apparently be managing an adidas superstore across the street from UM...that will apparently be heavy on UM merch...

First...no idea why adidas couldn't have done this 8 years ago. I thought that was inherent in their promises of a Miami Planet.

Second...I have no idea whether UM wants this...or knew about this...in advance. I know how Alonzo feels about Nike/adidas. I thought I knew how Dan felt about Nike. My memory tells me that we didn't hire Tom Jurich. So I have no idea what in the actual **** is happening right now....

Third...I have no idea whether anyone knows what will happen if Miami leaves adidas...although I'm sure that this new adidas store would pivot to Messi and Inter Miami merch...

But this development is...confusing...particularly when I (and others) have vented to Harry about how much we hate the adidas deal and merch, and how much we want to go back to Nike...

Anyhow, I am committed to reporting the latest news, regardless of my personal feelings or anyone trying to make accusations that inside information cannot be trusted (simply because things take twists and turns before arriving at the finish line)...

Weird news, for sure....
Are we re-upping with Adidas???

Also I thought Harry owned AllCanes

Advertisement
Lol bro you are way too passionate about this topic. I never said that I wanted it I was simply explaining why they may have chosen that color.

I'm way too passionate about an official Miami jersey being YELLOW? OK. I guess all that time I spent in undergrad learning about how our colors are burnt orange, white, and biscayne green, to represent the colors of the orange tree, were just optional, and we should be using the colors of the lemon tree instead.

Sure.

1698089113986.png

Are we re-upping with Adidas???

Also I thought Harry owned AllCanes

Harry sold AllCanes to Follett several years ago. Basically, the UM Bookstore and AllCanes are owned/operated jointly.

On Friday at AllCanes, I wanted a particular shirt in a particular color, so they called the UM Bookstore and put it on hold for me. Picked it up on Saturday.

Weird news, for sure....
When is the contract supposed to be up?
I’m no insider or even local, but everything from my outsider lens suggests that we may not have got the version of Dan we thought we were getting.

Advertisement

Weird news, for sure....
1698101325021.gif

Lol I kid I kid

I'm way too passionate about an official Miami jersey being YELLOW? OK. I guess all that time I spent in undergrad learning about how our colors are burnt orange, white, and biscayne green, to represent the colors of the orange tree, were just optional, and we should be using the colors of the lemon tree instead.

Sure.

View attachment 262559
Our branding consistency with color is terrible. Even with Nike we were **** near red and green.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Weird news, for sure....
Sounds like Harry bent the knee.

Advertisement
Back