Sick of articles that....

Hurricane_EL

Recruit
make it a point to tell you a kid grew up a cane fan. So did Sony, Dalvin Cook, Amari Cooper, Matthew Thomas, etc. In the long-run, none of it matters and it only causes people to hate golden for missing out on them

Advertisement
Don't worry you won't have to put up with it for long.

With the results of the last ten years, there won't be many kids growing up being Canes fans.

Advertisement
I'm sick of people who complain about articles that are 100% FREE. This site brings the best canes news that there is for free and people still complain about it, SMH.

Advertisement
A lot of these kids tell whoever they are talking to that x was their favorite team. Talking to U site, Miami favorite team. UF site, UF favorite team, etc.

Kids going up Canes fans is the only reason we get kids like Duke, Coley, or Tracy. Why the **** would a kid from Overtown want to go some preppy school in the gables and play for a team that has been mediocre for the past decade in front of crowds of 40,000 or less fans when they could go to some state school and get all of the glory and compete for a national championship? The only reason we're even relevant right now is because of "the U" brand we created 30 years ago. Yes, maybe Derricott doesn't come here. BUT, before anyone comes here, they have to first CONSIDER coming here. We're extremely lucky that he's even considering us. For him to say that he'd probably decommit if he likes his visit enough is a good sign in my books. I'd love the sonys and the cooks as much as you, but the fact that we've contended for them is a start and you can't win them all! Kids growing up fans is VERY important to our recruiting, so I say you should continue repotting on it Pete.

Advertisement
63.jpg

Even the Bama QB grew up a Cane fan. What kid would not want to be a Cane fan? It is high praise for what we have been. Doesn't mean they want to do the work to make us that again.

Advertisement
I read an article last yr when Bama was in Miami for the NC. AJ McCarron grew up a huge Canes fan, his family never understood why. But they turned him off to Miami after the FIU Brawl plus we never recruited him

AJ would've been Ken Dorsey 2.0

Kids going up Canes fans is the only reason we get kids like Duke, Coley, or Tracy. Why the **** would a kid from Overtown want to go some preppy school in the gables and play for a team that has been mediocre for the past decade in front of crowds of 40,000 or less fans when they could go to some state school and get all of the glory and compete for a national championship? The only reason we're even relevant right now is because of "the U" brand we created 30 years ago. Yes, maybe Derricott doesn't come here. BUT, before anyone comes here, they have to first CONSIDER coming here. We're extremely lucky that he's even considering us. For him to say that he'd probably decommit if he likes his visit enough is a good sign in my books. I'd love the sonys and the cooks as much as you, but the fact that we've contended for them is a start and you can't win them all! Kids growing up fans is VERY important to our recruiting, so I say you should continue repotting on it Pete.
This^^^^ this program lives off its football brand, meanwhile Ole' Donna is trying to turn Miami into the Harvard of the South. UF and FSU don't turn their backs on being a football school.

Advertisement
Back