SIAP: UF Graduation Video 2018: Black Students Yanked Off Stage

You are correct. The rest of the facts will come out. If that guy targeted one race then he should get punished accordingly.

Good.

And either way, don’t put your hands on people. That’s dumb.

If people want to waste their breath criticizing some kids because they wanted to dance their way across the stage, let them.

I don’t have a problem with it, it’s been going on for a long time, if you haven’t been aware.

What has turned this into such an issue is the way he was forcefully manhandling some of those people. Uncalled for. And dangerous.

Advertisement
Like I said in the last gator dance video, stupidity is a gator thing, it knows no racial boundaries.

Just like a traffic stop in Florida. If are white and black it is a different form of treatment. I would have punched that **** out cold.

Believe it or not we had this issue at Gibbons, where students would "impede the graduation process." Obvioulsly Gibbons is a private school anf UF public and 40 times the size; but one of the rules of graduation was that you could not bring attention to yourself. However, kids students would still celebrate their moment, and it was well known that they had another few days of school. Gibbons would not have the diploma in the folder handed to them while walking cross the stage. They would have to spend a few extra days in class to graduate.
This has been going on for ever, when the older generation always says that the youth have no respect, no idea how the world works, etc.
I've always looked at it as it's up to the older generation to communicate (efficiently) with the younger generation.
This probably could have been solved with an email saying that any excessive celebration would be met with community service before officially graduating. I know many students would gladly take a few hours of community service for a life time memory.
And for us older folks, let's remember that there is lots of things worse in this world than a kid dancing

Advertisement
Believe it or not we had this issue at Gibbons, where students would "impede the graduation process." Obvioulsly Gibbons is a private school anf UF public and 40 times the size; but one of the rules of graduation was that you could not bring attention to yourself. However, kids students would still celebrate their moment, and it was well known that they had another few days of school. Gibbons would not have the diploma in the folder handed to them while walking cross the stage. They would have to spend a few extra days in class to graduate.
This has been going on for ever, when the older generation always says that the youth have no respect, no idea how the world works, etc.
I've always looked at it as it's up to the older generation to communicate (efficiently) with the younger generation.
This probably could have been solved with an email saying that any excessive celebration would be met with community service before officially graduating. I know many students would gladly take a few hours of community service for a life time memory.
And for us older folks, let's remember that there is lots of things worse in this world than a kid dancing

Exactly.

Handle it any way you want.

Just don’t put your hands on adults, even if you think they’re acting foolish. You don’t have that right. That’s uncalled for.

Why can’t people see this?

Exactly.

Handle it any way you want.

Just don’t put your hands on adults, even if you think they’re acting foolish. You don’t have that right. That’s uncalled for.

Why can’t people see this?

I'll even take it one step further. I have no issues if two adults decide to handle it with violence. Granted this was a graduation commencement, so I would hope it would never come to that. Myself, as a father, I can understand a teacher/coach/mentor getting into my children's face and coaching them up (obviously if it is merited) but don't ever put your hands on my daughter or sons. This will end up in violence, you might best me but you sure ad **** will be bloodied

I'll even take it one step further. I have no issues if two adults decide to handle it with violence. Granted this was a graduation commencement, so I would hope it would never come to that. Myself, as a father, I can understand a teacher/coach/mentor getting into my children's face and coaching them up (obviously if it is merited) but don't ever put your hands on my daughter or sons. This will end up in violence, you might best me but you sure ad **** will be bloodied

I mean this is something people just don’t get.

In football, being a physical game, we all know there’s a certain amount of grabbing and pulling that goes on with coaches. A lot of us here played in high school and some guys that post here played in college. So they know what is acceptable and what isn’t. Speaking from my personal limited experience, just in HS, I never saw a coach cross the line. But yea, I’ve had my shoulder pads grabbed, my face mask pulled a few of times, that kind of stuff, getting in my face. That’s expected. You know what’s crossing the line. Especially if you get in fights the coaches get hot on you.

Outside the football field, other than tapping on the shoulder, no man is allowed to grab, bear hug, pull arms, grab by the waist, push, pull shoulders, or otherwise manhandle a man or woman unless it’s to rescue them from bodily harm.

That’s called assault.

Advertisement
I mean this is something people just don’t get.

In football, being a physical game, we all know there’s a certain amount of grabbing and pulling that goes on with coaches. A lot of us here played in high school and some guys that post here played in college. So they know what is acceptable and what isn’t. Speaking from my personal limited experience, just in HS, I never saw a coach cross the line. But yea, I’ve had my shoulder pads grabbed, my face mask pulled a few of times, that kind of stuff, getting in my face. That’s expected. You know what’s crossing the line. Especially if you get in fights the coaches get hot on you.

Outside the football field, other than tapping on the shoulder, no man is allowed to grab, bear hug, pull arms, grab by the waist, push, pull shoulders, or otherwise manhandle a man or woman unless it’s to rescue them from bodily harm.

That’s called assault.

Here is the thing OCC
This generation is growing up in the data age, everything is saved. Will be interesting to see how these 20's are viewed when in their 40s,50s,60s. Because with the internet everything is forever

My 2 cents... if he only did this to black students that danced then its races but if this was done to ANY student that danced then it's not. Either way should never put your hands on anyone period
You should never send your kids to UF.

Advertisement
More race baiting . It never ends. From many accounts this treatment happened to everyone but let’s make it a race thing.

With respect to putting the hands on someone, must of his touching was minor but there was one dude he really handled hard. He shouldn’t have crossed the line. To that end, if I saw how he was treating people for dancing I wouldn’t have danced. I try my best to not end up as a “when keeping it real goes wrong” skit on the chappelle show.

Too bad so many people spoke out vehemently against a political board, where this kind of trash posting can be isolated and the people interested in it can dance around with themselves.

Radical leftist Liberals , it’s ironic how Liberals are racial motivated for votes.

While Liberals started the KKK and brought slavery to our shores and votes unanimously every time in old days to keep it .

You don’t even want to know about NAACP that’s an even worse story .

I see things like this and it’s automatically who behind these type of things.

Now back to football 🏈 regular scheduled programming

GOCANES

Are you mentally challenged? I'm honestly just curious.

Advertisement
Real talk... I remember walking into a NAACP meeting, and it felt like I walked into a Klan Rally...

Really???

So they had on the robes and hoods!!

Burnt crosses and then went out looking for black folks to lynch too!!

00.jpeg

Wow

JESUS so much ignorance in this holy ****. I hate politics on this board but I cannot let this abomination of a post slide.

The KKK and slavery is and was conservative, respectively. The classic narrative of the horribly educated right is that "Democrats started the KKK and slavery." That's true. But back in those days "Democrats" were conservative. The confederacy and the south was Democratic. The platforms switched starting with FDR's economic policies and continued over the next several years. This is American history 101. Anyone that says this is beyond ignorant.

I mean literally think of what the word "conservative" means. "Holding to traditional attitudes and values." Slavery was the tradition. They didn't want to get rid of it. Conservative. Jesus ******* christ.
Hey guy I also hate to enter into political debate here on CIS, however, I just had to comment on your "conservative" implication.
The Confederacy wasn't about being conservative by using slavery, they were about getting (free) labor through racism towards blacks. The North began to question the legitimacy and morality of slavery, but as history showed the South wouldn't have any of it. The Confederacy did not invent slavery, it existed throughout the world since the beginning of time. There were slaves of all races, enslaved by captors with power over others.
Dude... I'm a conservative but I am not a racist. I'm a conservative that thinks slavery and the KKK are more than totally wrong. I am a conservative and I challenge you to compare that you and I are probably more alike than politically polar opposites.

Go Canes

How many kids really walked across that stage? At Miami, Tad Foote held his hand up in my direction while in my seat and said "by the power of Greyskull, you get a degree" or something like that. The only people walking across the stage were honor students. If UF marches each undergrad across the stage that is absolutely insanity!!

Advertisement
Back