SIAP, The $EC gonna $EC

Advertisement
Not disagreeing, just amazing how different Sankey is to All Carolina Conferance Swofford:

https://www.roanoke.com/teel-acc-co...cle_66d544a6-a997-5433-923a-8dc6aba5fcfc.html

Okay, so not only did E$ECPN suck him into the ACC Network binding contract, then turn around and buy out the old $EC CBS contract, virtually ensuring the ACC programing is an afterthought, take a look at this gem from the article:

"Talk of abbreviating the football season has centered on playing conference games only. But Swofford said the ACC’s partnership with Notre Dame virtually precludes that step.

The Fighting Irish are football independents and ACC members for other sports. But that arrangement includes 5-6 football games annually against the ACC, six in 2020, and eliminating those contests would nuke half of Notre Dame’s schedule."

Yes, this old clown got taken by the Domers for everything but his Carolina Blue Depends...

Last edited:
Not disagreeing, just amazing how different Sankey is to All Carolina Conferance Swofford:

https://www.roanoke.com/teel-acc-co...cle_66d544a6-a997-5433-923a-8dc6aba5fcfc.html

Okay, so not only did E$ECPN suck him into the ACC Network binding contract, they turn around and buy out the old $EC CBS contract, virtually ensuring the ACC programing is an afterthought, take a look at this gem from the article:

"Talk of abbreviating the football season has centered on playing conference games only. But Swofford said the ACC’s partnership with Notre Dame virtually precludes that step.

The Fighting Irish are football independents and ACC members for other sports. But that arrangement includes 5-6 football games annually against the ACC, six in 2020, and eliminating those contests would nuke half of Notre Dame’s schedule."

Yes, this old clown got taken by the Domers for everything but his Carolina Blue Depends...
I know it would never happen (at least no time soon), but if we could get out of the ACC I would leave in a heartbeat.

I hate this ****** conference & it's Overlord allegiance to Touchdown Jesus & the Tobacco Road Mafia.

I'd partner up with another team & head straight to the Big XII if we could.

Advertisement
I know it would never happen (at least no time soon), but if we could get out of the ACC I would leave in a heartbeat.

I hate this ****** conference & it's Overlord allegiance to Touchdown Jesus & the Tobacco Road Mafia.

El; literally was just thinking about this:

I too hate the ACC....what about trying to get the band together for The Big East?

I’m not sure what the issue is here. That is exactly the type of leadership you want within your conference. There’s a reason the SEC is the best football conference. The ACC has more of a PAC 12 mentality than it does the SEC.

No issue, I was calling him Dear Leader Sankey as he has succeeded the late Mike Slive in being a supreme leader of the $EC's pretty much indisputable rise to the top of CFB...With a huge leg up provided by Markey Mark Emmert's total disregard for $$$ effect on the NCAA's mission of "competitive balance":rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

El; literally was just thinking about this:

I too hate the ACC....what about trying to get the band together for The Big East?
The Big East is dead for Football, I don't think they even have a Football conference anymore, they still do for Basketball, but most of the Big East football teams went to the AAC.

I wouldn't wanna go to the SEC either, because for 1) UF would never sign off on it & 2) we'd never win there either lol.

The Big XII is really the only move that might work IMO (if we were to leave), they're a 10 team conference & if they added 2 more teams could have divisions & a conference championship game instead of playing a 9 game in-conference schedule.

Plus, with moving towards an uptempo high octane style Offense with Lashlee we'd be a much better fit playing in the Big XII. Then we could really open a pipeline into TX for recruiting too.

This is the part most fans will hate, but if Miami & UCF went to the Big XII that would be a win/win for all parties involved IMO. UCF would get the chance to play in P5 conference & throw they're hat in the playoff race instead of complaining every year how they are treated unfairly because they're G5 lol. Plus, with Heupel being an Oklahoma guy he's essentially transformed them into a Big XII style team with the fast paced offense they play.

Now, none of this would/will ever happen, I'm fully aware of that, so yall don't have to reply to me explaining why it won't, trust me I know. Lol.

But, if we were to leave the Big XII is the best place to go IMO.

Advertisement
The Big East is dead for Football, I don't think they even have a Football conference anymore, they still do for Basketball, but most of the Big East football teams went to the AAC.

I wouldn't wanna go to the SEC either, because for 1) UF would never sign off on it & 2) we'd never win there either lol.

The Big XII is really the only move that might work IMO (if we were to leave), they're a 10 team conference & if they added 2 more teams could have divisions & a conference championship game instead of playing a 9 game in-conference schedule.

Plus, with moving towards an uptempo high octane style Offense with Lashlee we'd be a much better fit playing in the Big XII. Then we could really open a pipeline into TX for recruiting too.

This is the part most fans will hate, but if Miami & UCF went to the Big XII that would be a win/win for all parties involved IMO. UCF would get the chance to play in P5 conference & throw they're hat in the playoff race instead of complaining every year how they are treated unfairly because they're G5 lol. Plus, with Heupel being an Oklahoma guy he's essentially transformed them into a Big XII style team with the fast paced offense they play.

Now, none of this would/will ever happen, I'm fully aware of that, so yall don't have to reply to me explaining why it won't, trust me I know. Lol.

If we went to the SEC we would magically be allowed to drop the big bags though??

I’m not a “Miami should be an independent!” sheep, but I would leave this conference as soon as we had a better offer on the table. Sure we suck butt, but so does the rest of the league (minus 1 school), and what on earth have we gained by being here.

The 2013 basketball season of all things soured me the most on the Atlantic Country Club. Not a one of those Tobacco Road journalists put a pen to paper over the injustice of UM winning BOTH the regular season and tourney and not getting a 1 seed. They cared more about Duke losing a meaningless game on one of the greatest returns in CFB history. Why? Because to them we don’t belong. Never have, never will.

And they’re right. I’d love nothing more than to own this conference for a decade, but since that will never happen I’ll settle for helping to burn it to the ground.

This is the part most fans will hate, but if Miami & UCF went to the Big XII that would be a win/win for all parties involved IMO. UCF would get the chance to play in P5 conference & throw they're hat in the playoff race instead of complaining every year how they are treated unfairly because they're G5 lol. Plus, with Heupel being an Oklahoma guy he's essentially transformed into a Big XII style with the fast paced offense they play.

Yeah, the Big East was completely dead, then came back to life in basketball. I was just saying, why not holla at Syracuse, BC, WVA, Rutgers, Temple and be like let’s get this chit back cracking. Lol. Get the P5 to a P6. But going Big XII not bad either. But who we kidding....pipe dreams. But moving to this ACC has been the pits. The Tobacco Rd mafia ain’t letting us breathe. Or chit, maybe we should go back to being independent! Lol

I’m not a “Miami should be an independent!” sheep, but I would leave this conference as soon as we had a better offer on the table. Sure we suck butt, but so does the rest of the league (minus 1 school), and what on earth have we gained by being here.

The 2013 basketball season of all things soured me the most on the Atlantic Country Club. Not a one of those Tobacco Road journalists put a pen to paper over the injustice of UM winning BOTH the regular season and tourney and not getting a 1 seed. They cared more about Duke losing a meaningless game on one of the greatest returns in CFB history. Why? Because to them we don’t belong. Never have, never will.

And they’re right. I’d love nothing more than to own this conference for a decade, but since that will never happen I’ll settle for helping to burn it to the ground.

OK; in fairness at the time the ACC for football was only FSU. When we came on, they did put us in the weaker division, b/c it was envisioned our classic rivalry would spill over their championship games, earning high viewership. Miami has not welcomed itself to the party at all. I’m not sure this is what the ACC envisioned for their football conference. So I kinda get y we’re treated like a red head step child w freckles (no offense to any red headed step children w freckles), but it’s still my team and this conference has been a curse.

Advertisement
If we went to the SEC we would magically be allowed to drop the big bags though??
Nope lol.

We'd become the new fall guy.

You know how Ole Miss gets in trouble every time Bama, LSU or UGA gets caught cheating, we'd become the new Ole Miss in that scenario.

Why you think Arkansas & Mizzou have been terrible ever since they joined the SEC, because they understood they were allowed in the conference to help the top dogs records look good, if either of them ever started trying to recruit or win some serious games they'd suddenly start catching all kinda heat from the NCAA.

The SEC Powers that be, have it set up so that only 2-3 teams will ever prosper in that conference & it's Bama, LSU or UGA, except for UGA their real purpose is to make Bama/LSU look good in the SEC championship game, they're never really going to win the conference lol.

Last edited:

Agree with that entirely.

That year we beat #1 Duke, #19 NC St twice & beat UNC twice while winning the ACC.

And the set us up as a 2 seed in the East region, basically was gonna force us to run into Indiana, Cuse or Marquette by the Sweet 16 & of course Marquette caught us. We should've been in the South with Georgetown, UNC & UF. In fact, probably should've been swapped with GTown in regions, they being the 2 seed in the East & us the 2 in the South.

But the Big 12 is not really settled. Texas would have to look at leaving if/when the Longhorn Network deal dies or is negotiated out. That is the next conference realignment play, IMO. And if Texas leaves (the Big 10 really wants them and the Pac 12 took a real shot at them last time), then that conference may become a Group of 5 as a couple other schools would leave as well. That is the last P5 conference I'd want to be in right now, but the ACC is second to last, so I see the arguments.

Advertisement

The big east basketball schools got together said they were leaving and taking the Big East name with them. They were tired of the constant revolving door of football schools. They got a sweet financial deal for basketball 12 years 600M from Fox and another deal from CBS.

They immediately added Xavier, Creighton and Butler.

It's all speculation and conjecture at this point as to whether or not we have a CFB season this year. I don't see any concrete decision/s being made until around July 1 and make no mistake that the SEC will have huge say in what transpires.

Wait, you are complaining about the Tobacco Road Mafia but want to go and join the Big 12? UT runs that ******* conference and makes sure all of the other members realize that the Longhorns are superior to all. Why do you think A&M, Nebraska, and Missouri left? Even a sizable portion of the OU fan base wants to leave.

Advertisement
Back