SIAP: Sean Taylor and Brian Moorman

Advertisement
Moorman walking off the field like...

55295260-dd57-4154-bad9-60fc3b0ba9e9_text.gif

More likely, the former punter—now a real estate agent—will never stop having encounters like the one last month, in the middle of a motivational speech to a troop of boy scouts no older than 12.

As Moorman recalls, “I was just talking to them about my career, and one of them throws their hands up and says, ‘Wait a minute. Are you the punter that got hit by Sean Taylor?’”

Nice to see that Sean's legacy lives on with kids.

Advertisement
Much respect for Moorman and how he has handled this situation. Rarely does the recipient of a great hit have the necessary self esteem to acknowledge the hit while still recognizing that it in no way defines his career. It definitely defines the moment.

Kind of like a great basketball player who is dunked on. Most will tell you how they were just the weak side defender or they didn't really challenge the guy at the rim. But those with self esteem know that you only receive that hit or dunk if you have the guts to try and make a play. Moorman had the guts.

And the way he has honored ST's memory is awesome.

On a side note, I always thought ST looked as cool as any player ever.
He had the long hair, the doo-rag, the tape on all his fingers and or course the black visor. If I had been a youngster growing up when he was playing I would have tried to look like him on the field (though my hair never would have cooperated).

Advertisement
Back