SIAP Richt on ESPN

Advertisement
Key part of that video is that he said the he would have left Rosier in to work his way out of trouble if he had to do the Pitt game all over again.

Call me crazy but I think that one sentence crushes the hopes of those who think Rosier will be on a short leash this year.
Hard to spin it any other way.

Key part of that video is that he said the he would have left Rosier in to work his way out of trouble if he had to do the Pitt game all over again.

Call me crazy but I think that one sentence crushes the hopes of those who think Rosier will be on a short leash this year.
We’d have to be getting blown out.

I think what Richt is getting at is just how many times Rosier was able to work us out of a jam last season, he deserved the opportunity to see if he could do it again. The game was still winnable when he pulled Rosier, and putting Shirreffs in there didn’t accomplish anything.

No. I think we’d have to be getting beat bad enough that Richt just decides that getting the next man up ready is more important.

At that point, I’m not sure we’d ever see Rosier again.

Advertisement
tumblr_m2ieztzUW51r2l739o1_400.gif

Completely different situation this year than last.

The only guy that he had mentally ready behind Rozier was not a D1 quarterback, and when he came in at Pitt, it showed. He had virtually no options last year and that was probably his regret. His only option wasn’t even usable. He may as well have let Rosier stay in at Pitt. That was last year.

He has usable backup options this year, unlike last year.

it’s hard to believe people told understand the difference between this year and last. He’s recruiting and developing usable back up options at least, at the very least, and future starters for later this year (or earlier) if needed and for the future .

Completely different situation this year than last.

The only guy that he had mentally ready behind Rozier was not a D1 quarterback, and when he came in at Pitt, it showed. He had virtually no options last year and that was probably his regret. His only option wasn’t even usable. He may as well have let Rosier stay in at Pitt. That was last year.

He has usable backup options this year, unlike last year.

it’s hard to believe people told understand the difference between this year and last. He’s recruiting and developing usable back up options at least, at the very least, and future starters for later this year if need and for the future .
I think you are looking at things too deeply and looking for nuances as you bring up context and different seasons.
Sure, the talent may be better going into 2018 but it is still unproven talent that has never taken a snap at the College level.

Richt is a straight shooter. He loves the way Rosier won them big games that he mentioned and seems to appreciate the fight and leadership. during the come backs in specified games too.

I get the sense that it will take a lot for him to pull out Rosier and it is not the short leash people want it to be.

But we shall see. It could all be moot since I think we will dominate most teams on our schedule anyway.

Advertisement
Clearly, these ACC media guys don't read this board.

Not 1 single mention of Jarren Williams ...:11263323124-b207743c78-o:

Advertisement

it's also refreshing that a coach regretted something after that last insecure blue eyed jerk we had here

Advertisement

He's playing the result, which he can do, but one could also say he should have pulled him sooner to send the message.

He's playing the result, which he can do, but one could also say he should have pulled him sooner to send the message.

There was an interview in Spring where he basically said that pitt loss was all QB. So this is just coach speak of him backing his Guy before camp

Advertisement
Back