SIAP: Manny's Philosophy on Offense

Advertisement
I get what he’s saying but I don’t think he did the best job of saying it, or at least conveying it to a bunch of people ****ed at the offensive play.

Advertisement
Nothing at all wrong with his comments on the offense and I for one would like to see us stay with a Pro Type Offense and Mix spread concepts in.

The thing that held this Offense back was the poor play of the Oline a young Oline. They are improving with game experience and if I see that what they did last week against FSU continues against Louisville. Jarren Williams is getting more confident in the offense and therefore running Enos offense better.

Enos does do a good job of mixing Spread Concepts into a game, I like the versatility of having a multi style of offense.

Next season this team should be top 10 team if this upward trend continues these last 4 games and key pieces remain in place or returns.

it's fine to want to run this type of system but he **** sure better go get him a BUNCH of big time road graders like the LSU's,OSU's and the Clemson's of the world have.

You can't run this system with revolving doors playing end to end on the Oline

LSU, OSU and clem$on don't run this kind of system. They all run primarily spread concepts at this point.

Manny just lost a lot more credibility in my book. He needs to stop defending what is not working and instead acknowledge what's not working and get to work on fixing it.

Cause guess what? LSU is not known for running the kind of offense they have now, but you know how many people are complaining that they are putting up record offensive numbers and are ranked #1?

What he said is just straight up dumb. Anyone defending it by pretending that the only alternatives are "Air Raid" or "Pro-Style" is even dumber.

Nothing at all wrong with his comments on the offense and I for one would like to see us stay with a Pro Type Offense and Mix spread concepts in.

The thing that held this Offense back was the poor play of the Oline a young Oline. They are improving with game experience and if I see that what they did last week against FSU continues against Louisville. Jarren Williams is getting more confident in the offense and therefore running Enos offense better.

Enos does do a good job of mixing Spread Concepts into a game, I like the versatility of having a multi style of offense.

Next season this team should be top 10 team if this upward trend continues these last 4 games and key pieces remain in place or returns.
Enos is cheeks

Advertisement
Watching all Spread teams all the time gets Boring as ****.

Multi Offense, nothing wrong with Pro Style and we will get better at it. He did go Spread against FSU.

75th in the country, out of 130 in offensive efficiency: http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/offEfficiency/tab/efficiency

It's the OC's job to cook with the groceries he has, not the ones he wishes he had. Being multiple means, in part, finding a way to tailor your offense to the players you have available to you and finding ways to win games and put up points regardless of who is lost to injury or weakness at a particular position. This dude spent the first 3/4 of the season magnifying our weaknesses and minimizing our strengths. Even our best game of the year, last week against FSU was below par offensively.

Yeah, maybe things continue to get better in time, maybe the oline gels and improves. I hope it all works out, but this guy has a LOT to prove and it would be a lot more inspiring to hear the coaching staff say that the performance has not been good enough, they've learned from their mistakes and are finding creative ways to get better, rather than continuing to say "we're gonna run what we're gonna run and it's up to these shiddy players to get better and figure out how to make it work".

Comments such as the quotes in the OP do not help Manny. He should know better by now. The mere fact that he is tone-deaf enough to say such things makes me (further) doubt his capability to do this job.

I really want him to prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Watching all Spread teams all the time gets Boring as ****.

Multi Offense, nothing wrong with Pro Style and we will get better at it. He did go Spread against FSU.

Are you ******* serious, my dude?

clem$on, O$U, and L$U fans sure don't look bored to me.

Holy ****, run the mudderfuggin triple option for all I care, no one is going to complain if you're in the top 20 offenses and winning 12 games.

I don't want to hear defenses from the coach about style of play when he's 5-4 and the offense is ranked 75th.

Need the audio or video context for this. Manny cant be dumb enough to be a pro style bro. The actual quotes dont say much, and is filled in with journalism trying to write a story to feed the sharks..

but I will bite anyway and say this is dumb and spread revolution has already been won multiple times over.. Anybody holding on to pro style offense in college game is just lost at this point.. Unless you are able to stockpile loads of nfl talent it doesnt make sense. Also spread does not equal air raid. Lol..

Its not concerning at all. He wants to look a certain way, have a certain identity and there's nothing wrong with that. We dont have the personnel for it right now but that's why we are building. Vanilla spread offenses get smoked when they run into real defenses and start looking like a basic offense again. They only really give you an advantage when you are more talented than who you are playing. Yea its fun to put up 60 on sorry teams but if you can run the ball effectively and take some shots because of it you'll have an offense thats sustainable and can beat anyone.

All offenses get smoked against real defenses.

When you take Bama out of the mix ( even they have run mostly spread now), the only pro style team to win the title since 2007 is Florida State.

The funny thing is that Diaz wants a downhill running game, but we mostly run sideways and it kills our production.

I have always been a pro style bro and resisted the spread, but the writing is on the wall clearer with each passing season.

I love playing from under center, but the way most coaches call plays from those formations baffles me. I cannot recall us running a three step drop from under center this year at all.

It’s easy to defend and requires an nfl quarterback to run. Young qbs generally struggle to pick up these advanced pro style offenses.

Seems like pro style makes you work harder for less points and yards, but people contend that the spread fails against “real” teams, which is not true.

All offenses struggle to beat great defense. The only X factor that challenges this notion is ELITE quarterback play.

Advertisement
Doesnt matter what he says people will pick it apart. Why try to get Meyer, Norvell, Campbell here as head coaches when Blake James can come to this forum and prob pay one of yall $10.99 a month to do a better job.

What this continues to tell me is Coach diaz is a True Hurricane headcoach, we dont follow, we lead, our style of play will consistently out-do all those other soft offensive spread concepts. The ones on here complaining about what coach diaz said, apparently dont know what UM football is, football is not that complicated, what coach diaz wants to get back to is exactly what is needed around here, run the ball,stop the run and than bombed they **** ***. Coach diaz has studied and knows the formula, and thus far, he's headed in the right direction.

watch the fsu tape, that pistol wasn't a coincidence, they adjusting, plenty of spread concepts emerged Saturday mixed in with the plays Enos already had implemeted

that rpo with the slant to thomas at the end should be our bread and butter moving forward

Advertisement
Back