SIAP, Manny Diaz after Saturday's scrimmage...

Advertisement
Manny: here are the statistics “so we can overreact to all of this

Q: “Any significance to N’Kosi being the first QB out there”

Manny: “I think, just because maybe from coming out of Thursday’s practice, he had nosed out in front, but beyond that we tried to divvy up the reps as equally as possible”

My highly untrained eye said JW looked somewhat better out there based on various factors...but not by a wide margin regardless.

What does this tell me: it’s still an extremely tight QB race and I wouldn’t rule anyone out, including Martell.

There are months between the end of spring practice and the beginning of summer/fall practice, so ANYBODY could be the leader come August. ANYBODY.

THERE IS NO CLEAR LEADER....and there won’t be until well into when the practices resume

Manny: “I think, just because maybe from coming out of Thursday’s practice, he had nosed out in front, but beyond that we tried to divvy up the reps as equally as possible”

My highly untrained eye said JW looked somewhat better out there based on various factors...but not by a wide margin regardless.

What does this tell me: it’s still an extremely tight QB race and I wouldn’t rule anyone out, including Martell.

There are months between the end of spring practice and the beginning of summer/fall practice, so ANYBODY could be the leader come August. ANYBODY.

THERE IS NO CLEAR LEADER....and there won’t be until well into when the practices resume
I agree with everything you said. We shouldn't make too much hay about the QB race at this stage of the off season. Lots of work to go!

But just off what my eye have seen, I have to give Perry a slight edge in the race so far. But to be honest, no one is really separating themselves to make a statement to be the starter. Tate is falling behind the two, I'm thinking his height may have a little to do with his performance. Our DL is giving him a lot of trouble if he doesn't scramble out of the pocket. We still have a long off season to go for him to work it out if he can.

Advertisement

with the culture that Diaz is instilling,for the first time in a long time, players will really be competing in the off-season prior to fall camp. Manny talked about having guys who just don't 'like' football -- but love it. The reality is nowadays there really is no off-season, football is a 24/7/365 pursuit for the most part

And peer pressure from the players themselves, is key. That's what every elite program has, a standard that is adhered to every day.

to me, that's the biggest challenge facing Diaz, to instill that sort of mentality

Yeah, the roster needs some upgrades here and there, but to me, this is where Diaz has to really make an impact.

Manny's quote of the day - "It's been awhile that we have had a scrimmage like today"

That was interesting he'd say that, I wonder if he's actually higher on the team that many fans. Or maybe Im just mis-reading it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back