SIAP: Ken Dorsey to interview with Buffalo for O C job

southpaw47

Recruit
Whoo hoo. Good luck Kenny.

Ken Dorsey to the Buffalo Bills would be good news for Tyrod Taylor

Missing out on their first few choices for offensive coordinator, the Buffalo Bills have now moved on to plan k. K, as in Ken Dorsey. Currently the quarterbacks coach for the Carolina Panthers, new Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott would have experience working with Dorsey and at this stage, that working experience may allow the team to pull the trigger.

Having held the position of quarterbacks coach with the Panthers since 2013, Dorsey could be credited with the fine play of Cam Newton the last few seasons. With his quarterback winning the league’s MVP in 2015, Dorsey’s name began to rise as a candidate for an offensive coordinator position. With his former co-worker now leading the Buffalo Bills, Dorsey’s time could be now for a promotion.

Advertisement
They hired Rick Dennison. I think Dorsey is better off missing the buffalo job and look for a better situation.

They hired Rick Dennison. I think Dorsey is better off missing the buffalo job and look for a better situation.

I think that Buffalo was a good situation...considering that they may/could end up drafting Watson...meaning he could've started his coordinator career off with his own playbook, not having to worry about a QB trying to learn a new (NFL) playbook. Also probably would've gotten to hand pick a RB in round 4-7.

Ken Dorsey was the last starting UM QB to win a NC.

Yall punk ghaey boys should bow as I do

Advertisement

There are a limited number of OC jobs open in the NFL each year, and most of the open jobs are not good situations. (Hence why they're open.) Dorsey can not just get to pick and choose where he wants to be OC. If the Patriots offered him their OC job I'm sure Dorsey would have been gone yesterday.

The Panthers should fire Mike Shula and promote Dorsey to OC.

If Richt wants to hire a real OC Dorsey wouldn't be a bad option.

Last edited:
The Panthers should fire Mike Shula and promote Dorsey to OC.

If Richt wants to hire a real OC Dorsey wouldn't be a bad option.

I'm curious as to what bolsters this opinion? I mean, I think Dorsey is a smart guy and he could become a great OC one day but what has he done to warrant being called "a real OC"? It's not like Cam Newton was a bum and Dorsey made him the MVP.

There are a limited number of OC jobs open in the NFL each year, and most of the open jobs are not good situations. (Hence why they're open.) Dorsey can not just get to pick and choose where he wants to be OC. If the Patriots offered him their OC job I'm sure Dorsey would have been gone yesterday.

The Falcons are about to have an OC opening that would be a nice spot.

Advertisement
Most good OC jobs are at places where the OC gets a HC job, that is where he wants to be. That is not happening in Carolina, he really needs to move around and see other organizations and learn more. Jut like Mario Cristobal is learning from Satan right now so should Dorsey experience a bunch of situations so he can build his own philosophy of what works in various situations.

Most good OC jobs are at places where the OC gets a HC job, that is where he wants to be. That is not happening in Carolina, he really needs to move around and see other organizations and learn more. Jut like Mario Cristobal is learning from Satan right now so should Dorsey experience a bunch of situations so he can build his own philosophy of what works in various situations.

Right, even though Atlanta would be nice due to great players he may be better off if he could go to San Fran where Kyle Shanahan will call plays.

Advertisement
Back