SIAP, Jacory Harris on Footballville...

k9cane

Senior
really enjoyed this expansive 2-part sit down with Jacory Harris. I can't lie, like many other fans, I had a very conflicted view of him. I thought he was turnover prone and careless -- in addition to being productive and having some great moments, but hearing his perspective in part I, it altered my view of Harris. Yeah, he was a victim of our staff/administration to a large degree at Miami. Jacory put his body on the line for the U, and he still loves being a Miami Hurricane. That's great to hear.

But part II, he just blew me away, when he started talking about stuff outside of football, how young athletes need to learn a trade, invest money, not be so tied up in your personal value in athletics. Seriously, it's an incredible message, one that should be heard and spread. He's become an impressive individual. I know he's doing great things serving the community as a fire fighter, but I also hope he gets into coaching or mentorship, of some role down the line.

Here are the two parts...

Advertisement
Please, for the class, explain to me how a football player is "a victim" of the administration. Was he bullied by his Sociology professor? Were his Statistics tests extra difficult? Did Pat Whitely instruct Chartwells to ensure his servings were lukewarm and a little small, or that the bed in his dorm was extra lumpy?

Putting your body on the line is football. That's how you get a scholarship to a school you wouldn't otherwise be able to earn admission to.

Y'all insist on using this word administration as a catch-all and none of you seem to know what it means as it pertains to a private university.

Please, for the class, explain to me how a football player is "a victim" of the administration. Was he bullied by his Sociology professor? Were his Statistics tests extra difficult? Did Pat Whitely instruct Chartwells to ensure his servings were lukewarm and a little small, or that the bed in his dorm was extra lumpy?

Putting your body on the line is football. That's how you get a scholarship to a school you wouldn't otherwise be able to earn admission to.

Y'all insist on using this word administration as a catch-all and none of you seem to know what it means as it pertains to a private university.
Don't be so literal. Victim wasn't meant in that sense. Rather, in the sense that he had 2 HC and IIRC 3 offensive coordinators. Consistent, capable head coaching + an offensive coordinator and Jacory would, IMO, have been a very capable college QB.

Thick GIF by memecandy

Don't be so literal. Victim wasn't meant in that sense. Rather, in the sense that he had 2 HC and IIRC 3 offensive coordinators. Consistent, capable head coaching + an offensive coordinator and Jacory would, IMO, have been a very capable college QB.
lol, thank you for being the Rhett Lashlee to that guys Mark Whipple. Seriously, that guy was on one... someone give him a hug or something, geez

Last edited:
Advertisement

Mannnn...STFU with your BS already...F-ing Shill....

Another way to look at it is if he won more then he wouldn’t have had more coaches. Its cause and effect. I am proud he was a Cane, but I don’t want him as my qb again

Advertisement

this regurgitated dog **** coming out of your mouth daily is absurd.

Advertisement
The funny thing is, the offense actually scored more with Whipple than with Fisch. Even though Fisch is credited with getting Jacory to reduce turnovers and improve his accuracy. People want to blame all the deep passes for the turnovers but that’s literally how Miami scored points then.

For example

2009 Harris/Whipple: 59% 24/17 Td/int 30.3
ppg

2011 Harris/Fisch: 65% 20/9 Td/int 26.5 ppg

So the offense actually scored less despite Harris having much better numbers. It had nothing to do with the running game either because they actually ran for more yards in 2011 than 2009.

I omitted 2010 because Harris missed three games and only played partially in a few others but they still averaged 26.3 ppg with true freshman Morris making 1/3 of the passing attempts.

The funny thing is, the offense actually scored more with Whipple than with Fisch. Even though Fisch is credited with getting Jacory to reduce turnovers and improve his accuracy. People want to blame all the deep passes for the turnovers but that’s literally how Miami scored points then.

For example

ppg

So the offense actually scored less despite Harris having much better numbers. It had nothing to do with the running game either because they actually ran for more yards in 2011 than 2009.

I omitted 2010 because Harris missed three games and only played partially in a few others but they still averaged 26.3 ppg with true freshman Morris making 1/3 of the passing attempts.
The problem is that extra 8 ints and lower completion percentage likely created more points for the opposing teams too. probably by a lot more than 4 ppg.

The problem is that extra 8 ints and lower completion percentage likely created more points for the opposing teams too. probably by a lot more than 4 ppg.
I'm sure they led to additional points off turnovers but the opponent would have to convert turnovers into touchdowns at an exponential rate to overcome a 4 point per game difference. Over a 13 game season, the 2009 team scored 52 more points. Opponents would literally have had to turn every single extra interception into a touchdown to make up that difference in scoring.

I'm not defending all the picks. 17 interceptions is way too many but scoring an additional 4 points per game is huge. For example, Miami finished 26th in scoring offense in 2020. If they had averaged four more points per game that would have moved them up to 17th. Four fewer points per game would have knocked them all the way down to 53rd.

Advertisement

For example

ppg

Regardless, we don't turn the ball over 57 times and we average 10-11 wins in 09' & 10' if Fisch was the OC...and Randy keeps His job.

Turnovers Eliminate Scoring Opportunities, can't score if you don't have the ball.

footballville is definitely giving you so much insight of the former players and what they had to deal with. Crazy to think that when the other team knows the play that they coaches still wanted him to run that play like no audibles nothing

Regardless, we don't turn the ball over 57 times and we average 10-11 wins in 09' & 10' if Fisch was the OC...and Randy keeps His job.

Turnovers Eliminate Scoring Opportunities, can't score if you don't have the ball.
Read post #16. Unless the opponents were turning every single extra interception into a touchdown, it wouldn't have overcame the significant increase in scoring.

Another way to look at it is if he won more then he wouldn’t have had more coaches. Its cause and effect. I am proud he was a Cane, but I don’t want him as my qb again
So we're going to blame Jacory, despite the fact that he played under the two worst head coaches here in the last 40 years (Shannon, Golden) and the worst offensive coordinator in program history who is entirely out of coaching (Patrick Nix). That's your take? Blame the kid? Whoa.

Advertisement
Back