SIAP: Interesting Manny Diaz quote on Jhavonte Dean

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
DO4nMek.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
He might start next year, but it's clear he has a long way to go to get where Diaz/Rumph want him to be. As fast as he is, he's playing slow

I'm still baffled by dmoney's claim that he'll be one and done to the NFL. He's nothing more than a backup this year, unless Young and Jackson get hurt

He might start next year, but it's clear he has a long way to go to get where Diaz/Rumph want him to be. As fast as he is, he's playing slow

I'm still baffled by dmoney's claim that he'll be one and done to the NFL. He's nothing more than a backup this year, unless Young and Jackson get hurt

I don't think he's a back up. I just think he's developing. Took early in a season to write him off. Disagree with your assessment

So I guess he can't possibly improve to the point he fully understands the plays and his responsibilities within the next couple weeks.
Again, the first two weeks are like preseason games, they don't matter. What matters is whose ready Sept 16th. He's got 3 full weeks to prove himself to Diaz and Rumph.

Now I'm not saying he's going to be a 1 and done. But to act like he's nothing more than a backup this year is very ridiculous.

Advertisement
The first two week rosters are just for players who have worked hard. Come the FSU game, coaches will have game film on all players and then you will get the true starting line up and rotations.

I don't think he's a back up. I just think he's developing. Took early in a season to write him off. Disagree with your assessment

You don't think a guy who is currently in fact a backup is a backup?

Right there is the difference between a coach and a coaRch. You take beasts and you give them a bunch of **** to think about and how they eat slows down. But, if you can coach them and make the thinking an instinct those same beasts can speed back up and become a true savages. You can have whatever scheme you want but if you can't coach it your defense will be terrible. You'll get fired and another dude who can coach will step in and install a scheme that fits the players, coach them up, and you suddenly see the same players who seemed slow start playing with fire. The last two season have been a study on what actual "coaching" can do for players.

Advertisement
Dean is going to be in the rotation with Young plenty this year. By next year he'll be ready to start along side Michael Jackson.

LOL, he chances of playing in the NFL are minus infinity. The kid has been hyped in this forum but hype is not going to help him stop the WRs.

Last edited:

You don't think a guy who is currently in fact a backup is a backup?

Most of the people just read/hear something and roll with it. Looks like Dean is behind Jackson, Young and Bandy. Good luck starting.

There was no way he was going to walk in here and start once we got Delaney. He didn't even start consistently in JUCO. Diaz does nothing but talk about toughness and tackling from his DBs, and Dean does neither well yet. He can be a valuable backup and/or return man if he takes the next step.

Advertisement
REAL competition at DB (and QB, WR, et al) It's nice to finally be there again. It's going to make everyone better - the guys who want to will step up, and the guys that don't will step out.

Advertisement
Back