SIAP: Frank Gore Graduates

Advertisement
Advertisement
What a journey. For those who remember his recruitment, Gore almost went to Ole Miss because he was diagnosed with a learning disability, an actual one before it became what everyone did to get more time on their SAT. Ole Miss had a program and would adjust their admission requirements under this scenario. UM basically created an exception within its admissions department for Gore.

Or something like this. @TheOriginalCane and/or @SWFLCane can give a more detailed version of this situation. But my point is to go from a learning disability to college graduate tells you a lot about his character.

Congrats Frank! My favorite Cane of all time. His freshman year he showed what he could have been...still remember the WV game as I was watching at 4 in the morning in Kuwait lol

What a journey. For those who remember his recruitment, Gore almost went to Ole Miss because he was diagnosed with a learning disability, an actual one before it became what everyone did to get more time on their SAT. Ole Miss had a program and would adjust their admission requirements under this scenario. UM basically created an exception within its admissions department for Gore.

Or something like this. @TheOriginalCane and/or @SWFLCane can give a more detailed version of this situation. But my point is to go from a learning disability to college graduate tells you a lot about his character.
As @Brooklyndee will attest, it was Butch who set Frank up with the needed classes in 2000.

Advertisement
I see some poster whose cracking joke .
But this is a huge deal for Frank and his family. A UM graduate for Grand View apartment, that and American story.

He come a long way for me slapping Little Frank in head at the Barnyard.

Advertisement

Yes, I recall that it involved dyslexia. Not sure if I discussed this with you separately, but a few years earlier (in the 90s) I had a friend at UM Law who had a similar issue, needed extra time and a reader on exams. Ended up working cases like that for the US Justice Department, Civil Rights division.

Advertisement
God bless him. He had to have received an absolutely horrible education in high school. If it is true that it took that long to diagnose him with a reading disability(dyslexia) and he struggled all the way through school without read-aloud accommodations, and took that SAT without the same accommodations, everyone in that school system should have been fired. There should never have been any doubt about him coming here. There should have never been any talk about Ole Miss. Congrats to Frank. He had to overcome more than just dyslexia.

Advertisement
Back