SIAP ESECPN at it again

Advertisement
I don't think it is as much ESPN hates Miami as it is the fact that ESPN/SEC have a network agreement. We now have a contract as well, so I want to see if that changes. I think they gave us credit actually. We were a Sh** program to average until the "Pipe" got there. Then Miami turned over furniture and raided the refrigerators in the house for a 25 year span. They gave credit where credit is due. The fact is that we are in the swells of the ACC and should have never signed to join the conference.

ESPN is a hype machine. Their is nothing more hype than a winning Miami team. The network wants Miami to thrive. That being said, I am on YOUTUBE TV and cut the chord. I am lucky the ACC network is on my subscription in Raleigh.

Advertisement
I'm gonna have to find ESPN on my cable guide when football season starts. Any time someone wants to start talking sports or football with me and start by saying what this espn guy or that espn gal said about whomever, I just go limp and wait for it to be over like a kidnap victim.

0 respect for anyone who give two ****s about what anyone on that network says. That said, I get it, that crap is addictive like sugar, cigarettes, and heroin. We all have this longing need to be praised and loved, even if it's through our favorite teams by proxy.

Cold Turkey, my man. You can't have just a little. What they say is meaningless BS, and your life is NOT better for listening to it, whether you agree or disagree. Cold Turkey. It's the only way to quit. You just got to say...
tenor.gif.a18c056b19b088a2d42f88c164e1262b.gif

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...e-50-best-college-football-programs-150-years

Look before you eat your dinner...Yes, there is a mental health crisis in America, epicenter is Bristol, CT

For being 'Bama's B!*c# Tennessee gets #14?!?!
At least they have us ahead of the gaytor. TN fans claim to have 6 titles. The 2 mentioned in this article and 4 from the 30's and 40's that were nowhere near unanimous. I LMAO at those dumbass hillbillies every time I hear that horsesh*t!

Advertisement
Once you take the Non-P5 schools out (Yale, NDSt, Princeton, Harvard, Mount Union, etc) the list really isn't bad tbh...at least up to where we are ranked. I mean clearly the top 8 are the blue bloods = OU, Ohio State, Bama, ND, USC, Michigan, Texas, and Nebraska.. Objectively they are above us. We are in the next grouping of 8 along with PSU, UTenn, LSU, Auburn, UF, FSU, and Georgia. Now obviously we're above Auburn/UGA/UF/LSU/FSU. That much is clear as day. UTenn are close given their all time wins but I'd put us above them since they have like 1 championship in the last 65 years.. PSU I think has a solid case to be above us especially when looking at the entire history of CFB (all our success has been in the last 40 years). ..Either way we should be 9 or 10, and AT WORST top 12 all time. Pretty insane given CFB has been around 150 years, and we've only had a football team the last 93 years, and weren't good until Schnellenberger came 40 years ago...

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...e-50-best-college-football-programs-150-years

Look before you eat your dinner...Yes, there is a mental health crisis in America, epicenter is Bristol, CT

For being 'Bama's B!*c# Tennessee gets #14?!?!

All due respect, the list is for the past 150 years and Miami has only fielded a team for the past 93—and wasn't relevant until the late 1970's; hence why a Yale is where they're at (#7 with 18 national titles). Texas hasn't done anything relevant lately, but their success started in the 1940's and they had good runs in the 1960's and early 2000's under Mack Brown.

All that to say, fully agree that Tennessee has no business being before Miami—and question Nebraska being as high as they are, with the Canes so low.

Advertisement
No disrespect to those on this board who have played FCS, DII, or DIII, but including those teams on the list who have only played at that level in their history is like including those decal special late '70s smog motor vehicles in a list of great muscle cars...They have big tires and a V-8, but stock versions can't compete with the genuine article. You have Ken O'Brien throwing to Pierre Garcon and that's it.

LSU's entry is another one of those "But their fans are rabid" rationales. So the governor firing a football coach gets you a leg up? No, more like the ESECPN copulation helped LSU and the rationale is a joke on us.

I don't think it is as much ESPN hates Miami as it is the fact that ESPN/SEC have a network agreement. We now have a contract as well, so I want to see if that changes. I think they gave us credit actually. We were a Sh** program to average until the "Pipe" got there. Then Miami turned over furniture and raided the refrigerators in the house for a 25 year span. They gave credit where credit is due. The fact is that we are in the swells of the ACC and should have never signed to join the conference.

ESPN is a hype machine. Their is nothing more hype than a winning Miami team. The network wants Miami to thrive. That being said, I am on YOUTUBE TV and cut the chord. I am lucky the ACC network is on my subscription in Raleigh.
I love the avatar

Advertisement
Back