SIAP - Ed Reed on the Transfer Portal

BostonCanes47

Senior
24A6CEFC-D7E0-4DD6-B26B-F0B2F94B710F.jpeg

Oooooohhhhhh boyyyyyy

Advertisement
Kid's are soft today. 4 and 5 star in HS and they think they are entitled to playing time instead of earning it. Go find the 3 star kids with potential and let the 4 and 5 star kids transfer thru the portal because they are riding pine and unwilling to work for playing time. Better yet, go find the Ed Reeds and Russell Maryland's and offer them scholarships!

He makes a strong point for the HS-side of argument.

The college player side, who wants a chance to showcase for NFL (delusional or not) would strongly disagree.

Is a happy medium to increase roster sizes with a 5player transfer portal maximum while keeping HS classes at historical sizes?

Advertisement
Advertisement
As a long time follower of his on social media, I don't believe he was hacked.

This maaf done smoked the cigaweed with the henny & chose violence.

Advertisement
And THIS is why I'm done with the jock sniffing of our old letterwinners. They see everything through the prism of when they played, very few ever evolve. The transfer portal helps keep schools like Alabama from straight up hoarding talent, kids have more of a say in the marketplace than ever before. It also gives teams a way to upgrade spots, without having to wait YEARS for development.

Advertisement
I don't mind the portal, but the gist of what he's saying is that kids would rather hit the portal than wait to see minutes. That in turn takes a spot from a high school kid looking to secure a spot.

I'm with him on waiting to play. The vast majority of freshman and even sophomores shouldn't be college ready and need to put in work to see the field.

What are we teaching these young men? I truly believe they should sit for one year on a transfer, but the NCAA is handing out immediately eligibility like it's Halloween and the players are the trick or treaters at the door.

Now if it's your final year of eligibility, graduated, you can play right away.

Advertisement
Back