SIAP but Rambo playing in E/W Shrine game raises questions..

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
Not necessarily knocking him for skipping the bowl game but the logic escapes me a little.

Is he less likely to be injured in those practices and that game while trying to impress scouts?

In that game he'll be catching passes from unfamiliar QBs, in some system he'll have just learned on the fly. How is that a better showcase for scouts than going another round with TVD under Likens, against a soft PAC12 defense?

Maybe I'm missing something but it's just puzzling to me.

Advertisement
Yesss very much less likely to get injured in that.

Scouts are at practice everyday. NFL coaches are the team coaches. One on One drills where someone like him will shine. Not playing 100% of snaps like he prob would in a bowl game. Just to name a few benefits

The Shrine game is coached by NFL coaches & practiced the whole week in front of NFL scouts & agents.

It’s basically like a pre-combine game.

The practices are more important than the actual game, it’s just a chance for scouts to get a fresh look at players before the combine.

Not necessarily knocking him for skipping the bowl game but the logic escapes me a little.

Is he less likely to be injured in those practices and that game while trying to impress scouts?

In that game he'll be catching passes from unfamiliar QBs, in some system he'll have just learned on the fly. How is that a better showcase for scouts than going another round with TVD under Likens, against a soft PAC12 defense?

You really asked this question 😂😂😂

Working out in front of scouts goes way further than the 20,000 at that meaningless bowl. I’d encourage kids that’s if it’s not a top tier bowl sit and get ready for the next level. Only teams who’s rosters aren’t stocked want these kids to play in them

Your not serious are you?

Advertisement
Yeaaaaaaaaah OP; lol. U’re a solid poster, but this OP wasn’t necessary. As everyone just said, The Shrine is a way to show case ur talents/abilities in front of NFL scouts/coaches to drive up ur grades. Remember, we’re in the era of 3 & out players being highly valued, so these types of exhibitions allow for upper classmen, especially under the radar ones, to be focused on & give scouts a fresh set of eyes to evaluate.

Listen I’m a young old head, & I remember a time where any bowl game meant something to a player & coaches, but I also realize that we’re in a new generation. I don’t like players skipping bowl games b/c it’s always team first w/ me, but I’m not in their pockets either. From a marketing standpoint, this makes absolute sense for Rambo, especially w/ the amount of high profiled WRs coming out in this yr’s draft.

Ok fair enough. But guys get noticed in bowl games too is my point. And it's not like Rambo is an under the radar guy who needs an all star game to get on draft boards. But the responses make sense. Thanks.

Ok fair enough. But guys get noticed in bowl games too is my point. And it's not like Rambo is an under the radar guy who needs an all star game to get on draft boards. But the responses make sense. Thanks.
It’s always good to better the view scouts already have of you.

I think teams value the practices more than anything. It’s a chance to get to see more of the player

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back