SIAP, but espn done lost their mind. Top 50 cfb programs all time

Advertisement
I must be on that sweet ESPN hashish because I don't have a problem with that. A lot higher than I was expecting.

Very disrespectful to have schools like penn state and Tennessee ahead of Miami. What do you say about Ivy League schools on that list ?

Miami coming in at 17. I want some of what they are smoking. However I am surprised they put fsu and uf behind us.

Yea but by the stupid criteria they using can’t argue..since the 1980s till now we top 5 for sure..but they accounting for teams who won pre integration/civilization..so yea

Seems silly to have North Dakota St and Mount Union, but the others make sense if you are comparing the best programs over the last 150 years.

Advertisement
Miami is actually quite high if you take their criteria into consideration.

"The Hurricanes gave the rest of college football a head start of 67 seasons and still reached the top 20, thanks to that incredible two-decade run from the early 1980s into the 2000s. During that time, The U won five national championships under four head coaches, a feat no other program would be foolish enough to undertake, much less talented enough to achieve. The swagger has diminished; Miami now lives among the swells of the ACC. Wearing a turnover chain, of course." Tough, but fair

Miami was ELITE for around 25 years, and has been bad/mediocre for the last 10-15 years and before the 80s UM wasn't a powerhouse either. Now if you make a modern era CFB list Miami probably would make the top 5-10

Miami had a great run 1983-2003. The Canes would be Top 8,10 if you started at 1980. Not much to brag about prior to 1983.

Miami had a great run 1983-2003. The Canes would be Top 8,10 if you started at 1980. Not much to brag about prior to 1983.
What?? Guess y’all didn’t see that 73’ lead Canes team with Chuck Foreman, Burgess Owens and EdCarney at QB. Eddie was a good guy, a lotta fun to hang with, but seriously sometimes we wished that ART CARNEY would trot out at QB. 😂Go Canes🙌🏿

Advertisement
If we're talking about the past 50 years, then we're top 5, but all-time is about right, Miami was average until the early 80's

Miami had basically no football history before Shnellenberger. And obviously we've done nothing since about 2003.

Our all time win % is .634. Tennessee is .675, and that's against SEC schedules. Why wouldn't Tennessee be rated higher than Miami?

Last edited:
Miami had basically no football history before Shnellenberger. And obviously we've done nothing since about 2003.

Our all time win % is .634. Tennessee is .675, and that's against SEC schedules. Why wouldn't Tennessee be rated higher than Miami?

Because chips should be weighed higher than winning percentage. 5 vs 2 is a big number.

Because chips should be weighed higher than winning percentage. 5 vs 2 is a big number.

We're #15 in the cfbdatawarehouse rankings, which weighs championships a lot more (50 points per title), and also gives us a decent amount of Big 4 Bowl points. This only runs through 2015, but it's not like we've done much since then to move up the rankings. https://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/rankings/all_time_team_rankings.php

Cfbdatawarehouse doesn't like our historical strength of schedule at all.

Advertisement
Very disrespectful to have schools like penn state and Tennessee ahead of Miami. What do you say about Ivy League schools on that list ?
Tennessee has to be the most overrated college football program of all time. Just to give some perspective, they've won one national championship since a man walked on the moon. 4 of their 6 national championships were won before 1955. They had a few years of relevance with Peyton Manning, but decade after decade they were a middling mid-tier program. With Penn State, their "all-time great coach" won two national championships in his decades' long career. Other schools on the list, historically, I can understand. Penn State and Tennessee though aren't even in the Top 40 for all-time great programs.

Advertisement
Back