SIAP: Artur left out of Elite 11 Finals Competition?

8 out the top 22 QBs per 247 didn't get invited, so not that surprising.

Guys like Cam Rising, Casey Thompson, and Phil Jurkovic also didn't get invites

Yes, but I think the relevant issue is not that some guys got invites, while others did not.

The true issue is when he was the DOMINANT Quarterback at the Miami Elite 11 camp, why he does not get an invitation?

Some dude from Arkansas, who is ranked 850 on the 247 list, gets an invitation.

Are we supposed to believe that the competition at the Miami event was terrible, and that Sitkowski only looked good because everyone else there was terrible?

I don't buy it. This is no longer the top 11 QBs, they are taking TWENTY-FIVE.

If the criteria involved high school stats, that would be one thing. But these camps are held. And Sitkowski dominated in Miami. So something else is going on with...oh yeah...NIKE?

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with Miami being with adidas. Nothing at all.

Why have Elite 11 qualifying camps if you are going to ignore the results?
I'm not so sure the Nike theory really holds up...

Dorian Thompson-Robinson is committed to UCLA, they're an Adidas school too.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]... We should tell Sitkowski to kick rocks.

stfu bruh !!! ...mods!!!

El oh el!!!
tenor.jpg

Advertisement

Yes, but I think the relevant issue is not that some guys got invites, while others did not.

The true issue is when he was the DOMINANT Quarterback at the Miami Elite 11 camp, why he does not get an invitation?

Are we supposed to believe that the competition at the Miami event was terrible, and that Sitkowski only looked good because everyone else there was terrible?

If the criteria involved high school stats, that would be one thing. But these camps are held. And Sitkowski dominated in Miami. So something else is going on with...oh yeah...NIKE?

also why fret over this? so he goes to this and what is the upshot for us? more exposure that leads to more schools offering? what are we exactly complaining about here.

Elite 11 is really nothing more than some bs to put on tv.... majorityof the players every year become irrelevant as soon as they step on to a real cfb campus. No matter how much "navy seal" training they went through.

I'm not too concerned with our qb though.. N'Kosi Perry is going to be the guy for the next 4 years.

Elite 11 is really nothing more than some bs to put on tv.... majorityof the players every year become irrelevant as soon as they step on to a real cfb campus. No matter how much "navy seal" training they went through.

I'm not too concerned with our qb though.. N'Kosi Perry is going to be the guy for the next 4 years.

Yeah injuries never happen and some guys just never pan out, but ok.

I second that.
Also, if we want to bring back Miami to dominance, we need to stack QB talent. Like those days:
Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpegimages-1.jpeg

Attachments

• football-square.jpg
    football-square.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Advertisement
Dilfer is heavily involved at Elite 11 as I recall. He has a thing for trying to find diamonds in the rough, I remember watching a special on it a few years back and he was always hyping up the underdogs. Might have been the year with Kaaya... Sean White was named MVP of the camp and there was some kid that ended up at Purdue that he was hyping up. Year before that, Asiantii Woolard was named MVP...believe he is a WR now.

Dilfer was fired at ESPN though

Yeah I don't know if that would impact his role at Elite 11 or not...I was under the impression that Elite 11 was independently run and they had Dilfer running the operation.

boom

a backup is a backup.... 9/10 there is going to be a drop off in production regardless of who is the back up if there is an injury. For the most part qbs dont get injured as much as players on other positions so not a big thing to stress over.

Advertisement
Unrelated to Sitkowski who I personally don't have a great opinion on myself, I'm not sure the Elite 11 actually does a great job of identifying the best QB prospects. As some of the names above attest, it seems like they miss a lot.

Said this a few years ago. Circus freeman, preston Dewey and others who never came close to being anything great.

Advertisement
The bottom line is that (a) Sitkowski is not an obvious top 11 kid given his lack of prior productive history. One camp isn't necessarily the only selection criteria; and (b) Miami's history with Elite 11 QBs has been very poor -- way too many busts. So this is all a 'so what.' Hopefully Sit turns out better than Kirnobyl.

Advertisement
Back