SIAP: Artur left out of Elite 11 Finals Competition?

Advertisement
8 out the top 22 QBs per 247 didn't get invited, so not that surprising.

Guys like Cam Rising, Casey Thompson, and Phil Jurkovic also didn't get invites

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]... We should tell Sitkowski to kick rocks.

Advertisement
i think he's one of those kids that have that looks like tarzan and plays like jane . . . hope i'm wrong

Advertisement
Unrelated to Sitkowski who I personally don't have a great opinion on myself, I'm not sure the Elite 11 actually does a great job of identifying the best QB prospects. As some of the names above attest, it seems like they miss a lot.

I am not surprised, don't think hes a guy who shines at this kind of place. he is a 2-3 year down the road guy with elite physical tools

Advertisement
He needs game time ..under fire at Img to be ready for d-1 development. If he can't when the starting job there this year, there is a bigger question mark.

8 out the top 22 QBs per 247 didn't get invited, so not that surprising.

Guys like Cam Rising, Casey Thompson, and Phil Jurkovic also didn't get invites

Yes, but I think the relevant issue is not that some guys got invites, while others did not.

The true issue is when he was the DOMINANT Quarterback at the Miami Elite 11 camp, why he does not get an invitation?

Some dude from Arkansas, who is ranked 850 on the 247 list, gets an invitation.

Are we supposed to believe that the competition at the Miami event was terrible, and that Sitkowski only looked good because everyone else there was terrible?

I don't buy it. This is no longer the top 11 QBs, they are taking TWENTY-FIVE.

If the criteria involved high school stats, that would be one thing. But these camps are held. And Sitkowski dominated in Miami. So something else is going on with...oh yeah...NIKE?

I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with Miami being with adidas. Nothing at all.

Why have Elite 11 qualifying camps if you are going to ignore the results?

Advertisement
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION]... We should tell Sitkowski to kick rocks.

The Gaytors will...or did...or should have...or could have...

Lol... What's funny is now that they see that they probably aren't flipping Fields, they're recycling all the guys they "passed" on to see who they think that they can flip.

Last edited:
Dilfer is heavily involved at Elite 11 as I recall. He has a thing for trying to find diamonds in the rough, I remember watching a special on it a few years back and he was always hyping up the underdogs. Might have been the year with Kaaya... Sean White was named MVP of the camp and there was some kid that ended up at Purdue that he was hyping up. Year before that, Asiantii Woolard was named MVP...believe he is a WR now.

Dilfer is heavily involved at Elite 11 as I recall. He has a thing for trying to find diamonds in the rough, I remember watching a special on it a few years back and he was always hyping up the underdogs. Might have been the year with Kaaya... Sean White was named MVP of the camp and there was some kid that ended up at Purdue that he was hyping up. Year before that, Asiantii Woolard was named MVP...believe he is a WR now.

Dilfer was fired at ESPN though

Dilfer is part of the problem. He's a product of FSU. That's FRESNO State, not Florida State.

If he is going to keep focusing on the diamonds in the rough that end up at non-Power-Five schools, then it is time for adidas to team up with, say, Rivals, and create an Eliter Eighteen, or something similar.

Advertisement
Back