SIAP -AP-U 16th since 1936

Advertisement
Kinda surprised to see Texas, Tennessee, FSU, and Florida ahead of the Canes, but it is what it is.

In fairness we were a microwave from 1983 - 2003. Before & after have been a relative chit show.

While it’s true we have more Nat’l titles than those aforementioned teams, these voters r also taking in to consideration total wins, all time bowl wins, Consensus All-Americans, conference wins, etc. It’s the entirety of the program vs. a period. The fact we barged our way into this category w/ only 20 yrs worth of data is an accomplishment in itself.

If we get our chit together over the next few yrs, I promise u we’ll move up the ranks. If this poll was done in 2003 vs. 2023, we would’ve most likely been ranked in the top 5 vs. top 20.

Advertisement
In fairness we were a microwave from 1983 - 2003. Before & after have been a relative chit show.

While it’s true we have more Nat’l titles than those aforementioned teams, these voters r also taking in to consideration total wins, all time bowl wins, Consensus All-Americans, conference wins, etc. It’s the entirety of the program vs. a period. The fact we barged our way into this category w/ only 20 yrs worth of data is an accomplishment in itself.

If we get our chit together over the next few yrs, I promise u we’ll move up the ranks. If this poll was done in 2003 vs. 2023, we would’ve most likely been ranked in the top 5 vs. top 20.
That twenty year run of greatness is unmatched...

HOF players and coaches everywhere, only USC can really even compare...

Alabama current dynasty still being written but Satan has worked miracles in Tuscaloosa...

That twenty year run of greatness is unmatched...

HOF players and coaches everywhere, only USC can really even compare...

Alabama current dynasty still being written but Satan has worked miracles in Tuscaloosa...

While I’m not disagreeing w/ u; u’re talking 20 yrs vs. decades. Again, that’s y if u look at the totality of other programs compared to us, that 20 yr stretch forced us into the top 20 of all time. W/o that 20 yr stretch, we’re no where to be found. However from 1925 - 1982, we were irrelevant, & from 2004-present, we’ve been perennial underachievers. That’s pretty damning, overall. We win another one or start getting back to competing for them, then we’ll have something.

While I’m not disagreeing w/ u; u’re talking 20 yrs vs. decades. Again, that’s y if u look at the totality of other programs compared to us, that 20 yr stretch forced us into the top 20 of all time. W/o that 20 yr stretch, we’re no where to be found. However from 1925 - 1982, we were irrelevant, & from 2004-present, we’ve been perennial underachievers. That’s pretty damning, overall. We win another one or start getting back to competing for them, then we’ll have something.

My point has nothing to do with overall, just the best twenty year stretch ever by any cfb team...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back