SIAP-$2500

hurricane04

Freshman
Man Jeff Thomas missed out on some real money. Didnt realize Belicheck picked him up for only $2500. He is getting alot of buzz it seems.

After going undrafted, Thomas received just $2,500 guaranteed from the Patriots. But by getting a chance to learn from Bill Belichick, he has an opportunity of a lifetime.

Advertisement
It's going to be difficult for him to make that roster. Here are some of their other WRs:

Julian Edelman
N'Keal Harry
Mohamed Sanu
Marqise Lee
Damiere Byrd
Jakobi Meyers
Matthew Slater (plays ST)

Jeff Thomas is going to have to beat out 2, maybe 3 of those guys to make the roster, not to mention the 5 other WRs they signed who are currently 4th on the depth chart with Thomas. He will really need to make the most of every opportunity in camp and preseason games. An injury or two to one of the other WRs wouldn't hurt, either. But I wouldn't bet on him making the 53 man roster.

It's going to be difficult for him to make that roster. Here are some of their other WRs:

Julian Edelman
N'Keal Harry
Mohamed Sanu
Marqise Lee
Damiere Byrd
Jakobi Meyers

Jeff Thomas is going to have to beat out 2, maybe 3 of those guys to make the roster, not to mention the 5 other WRs they signed who are currently 4th on the depth chart with Thomas. He will really need to make the most of every opportunity in camp and preseason games. An injury or two to one of the other WRs wouldn't hurt, either. But I wouldn't bet on him making the 53 man roster.

Edelman and a bunch of nobodies, included is Harry

Advertisement

Julian Edelman
N'Keal Harry
Mohamed Sanu
Marqise Lee
Damiere Byrd
Jakobi Meyers

Pretty pedestrian group. Edelman might force his way out. Harry hasn't done anything, Sanu is overpriced as a #3 guy at best and Lee is a walking injury. Thomas should have every opportunity to make that roster but of course it will depend on how hard Thomas works.

Last edited:
Pretty pe

Pretty pedestrian group. Edelman might force his way out. Harry hasn't done anything, Sanu is overpriced as a #3 guy at best and Lee is a walking injury. Thomas should have every opportunity to make that roster.
I don't think Edelman is going anywhere. And I agree it's a pedestrian group, but pedigree and contracts factor into decisions. I don't discount Slater's ST experience, particularly for the Patriots. The key will be for Thomas to beat out Byrd, who is a shorter, slim speed guy (5'9" 180, 4.28 40). Most teams don't keep two guys in that smaller mold.

I hope it happens, as much as I hate the Patriots. I was rather surprised they got rid of Berrios.

Julian Edelman
N'Keal Harry
Mohamed Sanu
Marqise Lee
Damiere Byrd
Jakobi Meyers

Hes more talented then every single one of them.

Advertisement
Want to bet on whether he makes the 53 man roster?
It will be almost impossible for him to make the 53 man roster. Edelman and Harry are locks. Sanu and lee are proven capable recievers. Slater is a special teams ace that belichek loves. Unless they’re going to carry 6 WRs i don’t see him making It. Hope for the best though for him cause he is probably more talented than all of them if he has his head on straight.

Advertisement
If he couldn’t show up ready to make money at the combine he’s just doesn’t have it upstairs.
it’s like all these dudes that swear they can take some white boys spot in the nba. How many times growing up did I hear dudes talk about how they can take Elio’s spot in Cleveland.
There is term that is hardly used now a days when it comes to playing in the nfl or the nba. People say “make it to the league” “make a roster” “udfa”. But what they don’t use is “professional football player”. The most important part of that being the “professional”part.
Let’s just put it this way. The patriots have such little faith that he can pan out that the most a billion dollar operation is willing to risk is 2500$.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back