SIAP — For Your Viewing Pleasure

Advertisement
I have always had the mindset of when people keep repeating the same things or consistently talk about things they dont "care" about, it leads to 2 conclusions: 1) They discuss these things or people because the actually care even if the lie and say they dont. 2) Said people are really scared/concerned about the those same things/people. When I read things like this and look at how the so called elite teams are going after Miami coaches, my two points above make even more sense.

Advertisement
I love Miami but there are times you definitely feel like you are in the Caribbean, which you basically are from a geographical standpoint. But who cares and why is this a bad thing? One of the great things about Miami is that it is a cosmopolitan city. Sit outside at South Beach for 20 minutes and you will hear being spoken; English, Spanish, German, Russian, Portuguese, and a bunch more languages.
Does it help to know Spanish in Miami? **** yes. But why is that a bad thing? Both my kids have learned Spanish. I tell them all the time that the ability to communicate is incredibly valuable and if you know English and Spanish you can communicate with the entire Western Hemisphere (save for Brazil). And FYI, Spanish is the 2nd language in Atlanta.

So let's not shy away from what Miami offers just because some UGA 'neck thinks everyone in his America is supposed to look and sound like his definition of American. To the contrary, Miami is great in large part because of its diversity and that is why the entire world visits and wants to live in Miami.
I met people from all over the world living in south Florida. That's not a bad thing

Been all over the world. Learn the words to be polite and flirt you get along well anywhere
Very true. There have been many great philosophers on cis over the years that remind us.. Cooter is Cooter no matter where you go. And it's wonderful so long as it is well taken care of

Sure but I love how gringos get so upset by not hearing someone speak English, like it's impossible for them to learn another language.
This is the REAL issue. They don’t like the fact that there may be people in line at the grocery store speaking Spanish instead of English. There ARE places in Dade county where you have to speak Spanish but they’re generally in areas that aren’t touristy and the only people going there are locals. I mean, if you absolutely have to get a Santa Maria statue from a bodega in Hialeah, yeah you’ll probably need to learn some Spanish but if you’re vacationing on the beach you don’t need to worry about that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back