SIAP — Devon Perry

Answer me this: what’s the harm in throwing him out there for a series in practice and seeing how he does?

If he doesn’t perform, then so be it.

If it were up to some Clemson fans, Hunter Renfrow — you know, the former walk-ok — wouldn’t have received more reps in practice.

And no, I’m not saying Perry is Renfrow. But if you bust your *** and perform, you should be rewarded with more opportunities. It’s all about finding the individual ceilings of each player on the team. If you’re cultivating a new culture, hard work and determination should be important, to an extent.
Sure give him a shot, I just don't think the 5 in front of him, assuming they're healthy, are gonna yield any reps to the kid. But if a few guys are nicked, nice luxury to have a capable walk on.

Advertisement
Answer me this: what’s the harm in throwing him out there for a series in practice and seeing how he does?

If he doesn’t perform, then so be it.

If it were up to some Clemson fans, Hunter Renfrow — you know, the former walk-ok — wouldn’t have received more reps in practice.

And no, I’m not saying Perry is Renfrow. But if you bust your *** and perform, you should be rewarded with more opportunities. It’s all about finding the individual ceilings of each player on the team. If you’re cultivating a new culture, hard work and determination should be important, to an extent.
This. The players and coaches have respect for his game. We the fans will always be enamored with stars. They all just rate each other on practice and games. I asked about him and specifically revered to him as the walk-on. I was told, “hes legit, he can play”. That doesn’t imply that he’s taking Don’s spot, but he’s respected.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back