SIAP…Utah setting up NIL accounts for all PWO’s

Cajuncane

Senior
Premium
Do Walk-ons count against your 85? If not this is an interesting way to hide players.Some of the richer schools can just set this up and have 25 extra players and just call them walk-ons.

I like that players can finally make some coin but they need to plug up all the loop holes like this one or this will get crazy..

Advertisement
Do Walk-ons count against your 85? If not this is an interesting way to hide players.Some of the richer schools can just set this up and have 25 extra players and just call them walk-ons.

I like that players can finally make some coin but they need to plug up all the loop holes like this one or this will get crazy..
Or does it level the playing field for private schools?

What were you expecting?

It's just another way for colleges to pay players. It didn't level the playing field at all. Expect the same 'blue bloods' to dominate as they'll continue to pay their players more than everyone else - only this time it'll be 'legal'.

Or does it level the playing field for private schools?
I don’t see how it will level the playing field.They say the kids can spend the money on anything they want but I’m sure it’s meant to pay for their scholarship.

As to leveling the playing field teams like Utah will be getting the same 3 stars they always do just more of them and teams like Bama or UGA etc will be buying,I mean signing,more 4-5 stars that might have gone to some other school which in turn THAT might have leveled the playing field.
That’s why they went to the 25-85 rule.

They did say that it might be illegal in a lot of states but Utah doesn’t have an NIL law so they can do what they want I guess but I can’t see them being able to do it and not the rest of the teams in the FBS…

Actually an interesting perspective tbh.

Idk how damning the prospect of that would be to recruiting as a whole, if we're talking, say, top 350 players accepting PWO offers in droves, that should be an easy red flag, unless the ncaa truly just stops giving a fvck.

If an NIL package for a PWO in the nature of an overlooked kid gives them the chance to bet on theirselves on a bigger stage without having to go in debt from tuition rather than going to an FIU or a UNLV? Game on.

That being said though, you start flocking 85 scholarship players and 35+ walk ons like that, attrition just sounds beyond inevitable.

Advertisement
I don’t see how it will level the playing field.They say the kids can spend the money on anything they want but I’m sure it’s meant to pay for their scholarship.

As to leveling the playing field teams like Utah will be getting the same 3 stars they always do just more of them and teams like Bama or UGA etc will be buying,I mean signing,more 4-5 stars that might have gone to some other school which in turn THAT might have leveled the playing field.
That’s why they went to the 25-85 rule.

They did say that it might be illegal in a lot of states but Utah doesn’t have an NIL law so they can do what they want I guess but I can’t see them being able to do it and not the rest of the teams in the FBS…
Maybe more leveling in a sport like baseball with odd scholarship rules.

(
Actually an interesting perspective tbh.

Idk how damning the prospect of that would be to recruiting as a whole, if we're talking, say, top 350 players accepting PWO offers in droves, that should be an easy red flag, unless the ncaa truly just stops giving a fvck.

If an NIL package for a PWO in the nature of an overlooked kid gives them the chance to bet on theirselves on a bigger stage without having to go in debt from tuition rather than going to an FIU or a UNLV? Game on.

That being said though, you start flocking 85 scholarship players and 35+ walk ons like that, attrition just sounds beyond inevitable.
If it’s done with the intent of helping kids get into college yea is a great idea.How long you think it is before a Bama or other schools become Oklahoma / Nebraska circa 1970 and start stockpiling players ?

What were you expecting?

It's just another way for colleges to pay players. It didn't level the playing field at all. Expect the same 'blue bloods' to dominate as they'll continue to pay their players more than everyone else - only this time it'll be 'legal'.
This doesn't make sense and is a copout.

NIL absolutely helps Miami in the recruiting game.

Advertisement
Back