SI winners & losers 2022 recruiting

Advertisement
I'll read anything that talks about Miami doing well and uf doing badly, but consider this the obligatory "f*ck SI" post.

Never forget.
Why
Sports Illustrated
Should
Suck My ****​
This makes it even more of W because if it was closer to a borderline w, Miami wouldn’t usually,& Florida did get a w with a ok signing class.

The SEC bias SI & ESPN have make this a very rare article pro Miami and gave the l to Florida instead of just leaving Florida off both lists and putting fsu on as L to continue the Media narrative that the ACC is overall a crap conference outside of Clemson. Instead they gave w’s to 3 acc teams. Top acc ranked unc #10 overall, an impressive haul for Clemson with the first time a shake up in staff has happened there to get #11 overall (lower than usual for them & Miami’s small class to go from #60 to #15 with Mario only having only a month from time from his hire and and coming in for a class that would have been 15 transfer portal with only a few recruits like jacurri and graves being the only ones coming & with Wesley committing day before Mario was officially announced we have gotten recruits we had no shot for and flipped a high 4* star, #108 overall recruit (our fourth highest ranked recruit) with the 3 higher ranked recruit than him all coming because of Mario and more importantly without a oc named, the loss of trob and its wr coach conveniently publicly resigns day before nsd which seems to pretty messed up imo for a guy following his coach from Oregon to Miami.

And we are in top 3 for the 5* ol from the Pacific Northwest signing in early March. That would shoot us up and our average rating of incoming class an average of 91.68. This was not only better than last years higher ranked class overall @#11 but with higher average rating this class at
.9168 n last years class average @.9051 and better than unc&Clemson,the 2 acc teams ranked higher then Miami.
Last years class with 8 more signees is only 4 spots ahead of a class that only signed 14.

It’s remarkable what Mario has accomplished in so little time. I expect us with a full coaching will be dominating the next 2-3 classes stacked with elite dl & ol that will compare to bama s, Georgia, Ohio st and Clemson.

Advertisement
Miami in as a winner

Florida is first loser listed. Surprisingly FSU is not listed on loser and obviously not on as a winner

FSU should be one of the top losers. They lost arguably the best high school football player I’ve seen in the last decade to Jackson State lmao. Legacy Jones Jr went to Georgia and Bissainthe/Kelly came to us!! Their only win was Armella who might or might not end up being a flop. Probably would’ve developed into a 1st rounder under Mirabal but we will just have to see how it plays out with that.

FSU should be one of the top losers. They lost arguably the best high school football player I’ve seen in the last decade to Jackson State lmao. Legacy Jones Jr went to Georgia and Bissainthe/Kelly came to us!! Their only win was Armella who might or might not end up being a flop. Probably would’ve developed into a 1st rounder under Mirabal but we will just have to see how it plays out with that.
Armella does not play that aggressively imo and fsu has a slightly lower class then Florida my a very skin margin and fsu had 11 early enrollees out of 16 prospects, prob more with a portal class of 10 currently.

Not to mention FSU did not make it this season we bowl eligible and got out recruited by new coach at Florida with full coaching staff and Mario out recruited both with a month, no oc, wr coach f•c•ing accepting night before signing day and losing trob and not having a oc still & no dc till day before nsd.

I’m confident our class next season will rival Larry cokers and if not 23 class for Butch I expect 24 class to rival butch’s at Miami and be top 3 overall class(#3) for 24 class and I expect top 5 (#4 or #5 overall) for 23 class and then by 2024 or 2025 we are in top 3 consistently with an occasional smaller class rarely putting us in top 12 class on those occasional years over next 15 seasons probably between 12-5 depending on how savage he and staff are on trail I really don’t see a class lower than #5 for next 15 years with exception of maybe #10-#5 next season. It would not shock me if next years class, with the investment/financial backing of football and Mario being a savage recruiter who hires mostly elite recruiters. Add on nil money from Ruiz which is no different then aTms foundation exclusively for boosters to invest and nil. No dumb Florida law preventing school/coaches to have any involvement with that changing soon in Florida. Watch the best class in 18 years next season.with Ruiz buying 4 5stars imo in 23 class which would land have us in company with Georgia and Alabama most years for 1,2 or 3.

Texas A&M with an insane class of
29 Commits with average player ranking of 94.77
7- 5* STAR prospects
19 - 4*Star prospects
A insane blue chip ration for such a large class, if financially able to be done annually or every other year will have them dominating college football with only good portal additions for other top teams, if they’re able to do the portal well it will give all top teams a chance compete with crazy classes like aTms 22 class. Otherwise if this class sticks it will be dominant in 2 and 3 seasons. Potentially next year with 7 5stars. I don’t see a high 5star not playing at aTm. That really only happens with bama it seems to be 3 years for a 5 star to see time or more likely starting time with some elite players for us to poach who are frustrated waiting up to 3 years usually to play for Bama or knowing post spring ball that they won’t get much pt in year 3 leaving.

Last edited:
Armella does not play that aggressively imo and fsu has a weird class then Florida my a skin margin and fsu had 11 early enrollees out of 16 prospects, partially more with a portal class of 10 currently but will add more.
Not to mention FSU did not make bowl eligible and got out recruited by new coach at Florida with full coaching staff and Mario out recruited both with a month, no oc, wr coach f•c•ing accepting night before signing day and losing trob and not having a oc still & no dc till day before nsd.

I’m confident our class next season will rival Larry cokers and if not 23 class for Butch I expect 24 class to rival butch’s at Miami and be top 3 overall class(#3) for 24 class and I expect top 5 (#4 or #5 overall) for 23 class and then by 2024 or 2025 we are in top 3 consistently with an occasional smaller class rarely putting us in top 12 class on those occasional years over next 15 seasons probably between 12-5 depending on how savage he and staff are on trail I really don’t see a class lower than #5 for next 15 years with exception of maybe #10-#5 next season. It would not shock me if next years class, with the investment/financial backing of football and Mario being a savage recruiter who hires mostly elite recruiters. Add on nil money from Ruiz which is no different then aTms foundation exclusively for boosters to invest and nil. No dumb Florida law preventing school/coaches to have any involvement with that changing soon in Florida. Watch the best class in 18 years next season.with Ruiz buying 4 5stars imo in 23 class
Ruiz needs to buy at least 5+ of these guys.
5* QB Nicholaus Iamaleava
5* WR Brandon Inniss
5* WR Jalen Brown
4* WR Hykeem Williams (5* talent)
5* OT Francis Mauigoa
5* DE Samuel M’Pemba
5* DE Malik Bryant
5* DE Jayden Wayne
5* CB Cormani McClain (Massive deal needed for him)

Buy these guys with NIL money and fill the class out with kids from the 305 who are gonna come here for the love of the school like the Rueben Bains. Let Ruiz buy us some 5* guys and fill the class out with local studs and Miami will be back on top of the cfb world sooner than people can imagine. Money talks…

5* WR Brandon Inniss
5* WR Jalen Brown
5* OT Francis Mauigoa
5* DE Samuel M’Pemba
5* DE Malik Bryant
5* DE Jayden Wayne

Buy these guys with NIL money and fill the class out with kids from the 305 who are gonna come here for the love of the school like the Rueben Bains. Let Ruiz buy us some 5* guys and fill the class out with local studs and Miami will be back on top of the cfb world sooner than people can imagine. Money talks…
With Florida law changing letting Mario help set up nil deals, I expect if Ruiz gets the billions that seems to be on track for happening. I wouldn’t be shocked if we lose 1 or both vs Clemson and aTm. If neither is not a embarrassment loss I see Ruiz committing to get all you listed so we can get over the hump and if TVD comes back 23 season we should definitely be in Playoffs and over the hump of not winning acc and missing playoffs because of it.

With improved ol play and TVD playing like he can, we could beat aTm and Clemson with him and a better ol next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if Clemson missed acc championship next year which should position us to win acc as long as we can finally beat unc with manny gone and not lose to vt or uva etc

Advertisement
Armella does not play that aggressively imo and fsu has a slightly lower class then Florida my a very skin margin and fsu had 11 early enrollees out of 16 prospects, prob more with a portal class of 10 currently.

Not to mention FSU did not make it this season we bowl eligible and got out recruited by new coach at Florida with full coaching staff and Mario out recruited both with a month, no oc, wr coach f•c•ing accepting night before signing day and losing trob and not having a oc still & no dc till day before nsd.

I’m confident our class next season will rival Larry cokers and if not 23 class for Butch I expect 24 class to rival butch’s at Miami and be top 3 overall class(#3) for 24 class and I expect top 5 (#4 or #5 overall) for 23 class and then by 2024 or 2025 we are in top 3 consistently with an occasional smaller class rarely putting us in top 12 class on those occasional years over next 15 seasons probably between 12-5 depending on how savage he and staff are on trail I really don’t see a class lower than #5 for next 15 years with exception of maybe #10-#5 next season. It would not shock me if next years class, with the investment/financial backing of football and Mario being a savage recruiter who hires mostly elite recruiters. Add on nil money from Ruiz which is no different then aTms foundation exclusively for boosters to invest and nil. No dumb Florida law preventing school/coaches to have any involvement with that changing soon in Florida. Watch the best class in 18 years next season.with Ruiz buying 4 5stars imo in 23 class which would land have us in company with Georgia and Alabama most years for 1,2 or 3.

7- 5* STAR prospects
19 - 4*Star prospects
A insane blue chip ration for such a large class, if financially able to be done annually or every other year will have them dominating college football with only good portal additions for other top teams, if they’re able to do the portal well it will give all top teams a chance compete with crazy classes like aTms 22 class. Otherwise if this class sticks it will be dominant in 2 and 3 seasons. Potentially next year with 7 5stars. I don’t see a high 5star not playing at aTm. That really only happens with bama it seems to be 3 years for a 5 star to see time or more likely starting time with some elite players for us to poach who are frustrated waiting up to 3 years usually to play for Bama or knowing post spring ball that they won’t get much pt in year 3 leaving.
Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Me reading every post by @da truth
Them bih long AF haha

5* WR Brandon Inniss
5* WR Jalen Brown
5* OT Francis Mauigoa
5* DE Samuel M’Pemba
5* DE Malik Bryant
5* DE Jayden Wayne

Bain needs to be on that buy list too. Even though many think he's a Cane all day, you have to show appreciation for a hometown kid so dominant. There is no reason whatsoever why this kid shouldn't be a 5*.

Bain needs to be on that buy list too. Even though many think he's a Cane all day, you have to show appreciation for a hometown kid so dominant. There is no reason whatsoever why this kid shouldn't be a 5*.
Bain is far from a cane lock. As of today if Bama bushes for him he'll sigh there.

Advertisement
Not counting Bain as a lock but, unlike Mandy, Mario will give him the attention he deserves. If we can land 3-4 5*’s for the 2023 class then we are on our merry way back to the upper echelon of CFB. No reason why we can’t as the top school in Florida as evident by Mario pulling a Top 15 class with little over a month to do so in.

Advertisement

7- 5* STAR prospects
19 - 4*Star prospects
aTm would literally have an NFL wage structure if they continued to recruit like they did this year.

Asking that '23 keep to re-classify to '22 suggests they know the hammer is coming down on dodgy NIL deals.

I believe the article was about February signing day and since FSU had already bottomed out after early signing day, they weren’t a candidate.

Advertisement
Back