Show me 5 wins.

Miami04

Senior
5 wins gets us 9-9 and dancing. Copied and paste from iPad so it's not great.

Wed, Feb 1
vs

#6 Florida State
8:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 4
@

NC State
3:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 8
vs

Virginia Tech
9:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 11
@

#13 Louisville
TBD Conversation | Tickets
Wed, Feb 15
vs

Georgia Tech
Sat, Feb 18
vs

Clemson
12:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Mon, Feb 20
@

#12 Virginia
7:00 PM ET Conversation | Tickets
Sat, Feb 25
vs

#17 Duke
4:00 PM ET CBS
Conversation | Tickets
Mon, Feb 27
@

Virginia Tech
Sat, Mar 4
@

#6 Florida State
4:00 PM ET

I picked VT, GT Clemson, and Duke as games we win. I'm having trouble finding a 5th one. We are going to have to beat someone good on the road or beat FSU next week.

Advertisement
It is a tough schedule ahead.

- 5 Home/5 Away
- Our last 4 games feature 3 ranked opponents and 3 road games
- [Currently] 5 of the last 10 homes games are against top 20 opponents

Yesterday was pencilled in as a loss, so there's no telling. It's part of what makes ACC basketball so fun.

Wed, Feb 1
vs

#6 Florida State
Sat, Feb 4
@

NC State
Wed, Feb 8
vs

Virginia Tech
Sat, Feb 11
@

#13 Louisville
Wed, Feb 15
vs

Georgia Tech
Sat, Feb 18
vs

Clemson
Mon, Feb 20
@

#12 Virginia
Sat, Feb 25
vs

#17 Duke
Conversation | Tickets
Mon, Feb 27
@

Virginia Tech
Sat, Mar 4
@

#6 Florida State

I picked VT, GT Clemson, and Duke as games we win. I'm having trouble finding a 5th one. We are going to have to beat someone good on the road or beat FSU next week.

NCSt at home, GT at home, Clemson, FSU at home, and Duke at home.

Advertisement
the duke collapse was a stepping stone. we are a different second half team now. i think the chip on our shoulder is real. we go 4-1 or 3-2 vs. those 5 ranked teams. we play everyone one of them close. i'm excited. we are officially hot.

Hopefully they recognize how good they are when they slow down a step and take care of the basketball after yesterdays win. If we get the team that played yesterday the rest of the year I can see us winning 6 or 7 of those games. If we get the Benny Hill show we saw in all the early conference road games, we might only win 3.

the duke collapse was a stepping stone. we are a different second half team now. i think the chip on our shoulder is real. we go 4-1 or 3-2 vs. those 5 ranked teams. we play everyone one of them close. i'm excited. we are officially hot.

Maybe. Or maybe UNC came in tired on short rest, clearly not ready for 40 minutes of zone defense, and could never dig themselves out of a hole. Plus they got buzz sawed by Bruce Brown. Yesterday does not erase Wake, Duke and BC. This is obviously a very inconsistent team.

Advertisement

Wed, Feb 1
vs

#6 Florida State
Sat, Feb 4
@

NC State
Wed, Feb 8
vs

Virginia Tech
Sat, Feb 11
@

#13 Louisville
Wed, Feb 15
vs

Georgia Tech
Sat, Feb 18
vs

Clemson
Mon, Feb 20
@

#12 Virginia
Sat, Feb 25
vs

#17 Duke
Conversation | Tickets
Mon, Feb 27
@

Virginia Tech
Sat, Mar 4
@

#6 Florida State

NCSt at home, GT at home, Clemson, FSU at home, and Duke at home.

We already played NC State at home

Yeah NCSU is away.

Other thing to consider is the ACCT. It's quite possible that we bag a few important wins there. Total wild card, overall unreliable, but it could push us across the line. Although finishing the season 8-10 would be hard to overcome without a finals appearance.

Yesterday was pencilled in as a loss, so there's no telling. It's part of what makes ACC basketball so fun.

roy williams.jpg

Yeah NCSU is away.

Other thing to consider is the ACCT. It's quite possible that we bag a few important wins there. Total wild card, overall unreliable, but it could push us across the line. Although finishing the season 8-10 would be hard to overcome without a finals appearance.

8-10 wouldn't be that hard to overcome. 2 ACC Tour wins should push us across. Any team that finishes the ACC at .500 including the ACCT is getting in.

Advertisement
I think the Canes will beat F$U on Wed... F$U has struggled against zones the last 2 games so that will be the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win all 5 home games. It's much easier to win at home against a very good team then win on the road against a mediocre team in the ACC especially with a young team. Every game we have on the road is against either a mediocre team trying to make the tourney or a very good team.

Advertisement
FSU is lost right now and all of a suddenly out of da woodwerks we are hot. Anything with Coach L at the helm is possible.

Have to go no worse than 4-1 at home. Going to be tough to steal any of those road wins, but I bet we can grab at least 1.

Advertisement
Back