Shovle Pass

MizCane

Senior
Would love to see this intergrated into the O. The Chiefs run these for positive yard every **** game and its beautiful. You can setup some nice wrinkles to get it to your TE and or Slot:

TE:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...713B6790A3F684048AE4713B6790A3F68&FORM=VRDGAR

Slot:
Albert Wilson scores 6-yard touchdown on shovel pass - NFL Videos

Andy Reid is basically running a College offense and is tearing NFL defenses apart. We have some very similar type positional athletes. Obviously Kelce is top 2 TE in the NFL but Herndon could easily run these. Wilson isn't anything special but Hill is. Thomas and Harley could be dangerous especially on fakes.

Advertisement
We've never even put anybody in motion in this offense. I doubt well ever see the shovel pass. Not trying to bash Richt, just wish he was more creative. You have someone like jeff thomas you gotta find a way to get the ball to him in space.

Would love to see this intergrated into the O. The Chiefs run these for positive yard every **** game and its beautiful. You can setup some nice wrinkles to get it to your TE and or Slot:

TE:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...713B6790A3F684048AE4713B6790A3F68&FORM=VRDGAR

Slot:
Albert Wilson scores 6-yard touchdown on shovel pass - NFL Videos

Andy Reid is basically running a College offense and is tearing NFL defenses apart. We have some very similar type positional athletes. Obviously Kelce is top 2 TE in the NFL but Herndon could easily run these. Wilson isn't anything special but Hill is. Thomas and Harley could be dangerous especially on fakes.

Faking the handoff to Walton and passing to Herndon has the potential for big gains. They run that to Kelce a lot. UF used to run something similar with Tebow to Hernandez and was very successful.

Our offense seems pretty traditional and straight forward under Richt - not a lot of gimmicks. I don't see him implementing something like this.

We've never even put anybody in motion in this offense. I doubt well ever see the shovel pass. Not trying to bash Richt, just wish he was more creative. You have someone like jeff thomas you gotta find a way to get the ball to him in space.

No creativity at all, man. It's actually kind of infuriating, bc we have the weapons to gang rape the scoreboard.

I don't know what Richt's deal is, but for all of the complaints of him being held back at UGA, I don't really see anything different with him calling his own shots.

Richt is plain Jane. Shotgun snap with all isolation routes. No room for error. No misdirection ever. Really limits us to be honest

Advertisement
Would love for us to run a lot of what the KC Chiefs are using this year with kelce, hunt and hill. They create so much confusion for the defense becuase they have to respect the play making ability of those guys.

mark stuck in the year 2005

That doesn't sound that long ago.
Gotta go further back for that statement to have an affect on us older guys.

Unfortunately, from what we've seen in 16 game, I agree.

There is no foundation with which to integrate the shovel passes into the offense midway through the season. This would require a complete overhaul of Richt's offensive principles, which is what the team desperately needs tbh.

I'd like to see us run more power (instead of that horrendous slow stretch-zone play) and incorporate this wrinkle: https://www.facebook.com/GeoffSchwartz74/videos/1862486783769096/

It's a tough ask of the OL but I think we have the personnel to do it.

Advertisement
this is the type of stuff that many want - not double-reverses and flea-flickers all the time - but some wrinkles that can create a bit of confusion and hestitation against the elite squads because at the upper echelon you can't just out-athlete everyone. Coaching and scheming matters...

Wouldn’t mind a bubble or 2 on Sat. too. I don’t think we’ve seen those this year either.

Richt has always had a 100% pro style offense. He likes big WR who can run block and he never uses motion. The QB read option is as advanced as we will probably see. It's just not in him to spread it out and sling the rock.

Advertisement
Richt shouldnt be running the show on offense. We need to hire a full time OC and demote Brown to RB coach. We're winning so it's fine but once we drop one, everyone's going to point to this. We're just extremely predictible/ basic. We're lining up in the same personel grouping the whole game with zero misderection or creativity. I would love to see us motion just once. I knew we were in trouble last year when he kept doing zone reads with Kaaya.

In due time. The offensive unit needs to demonstrate mastery of the fundamentals before they can start styling. We could barely line up properly last game for crying out loud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back