Shout out to..

Advertisement
the fans who showed up. No way after a 2-3 start would I have expected a pretty packed house. That wouldn't have happened even in the OB.

The renovation can not be understated. Anyone who thinks we need a new stadium is clearly not paying attention.
Looked pretty empty when the game first started but MAN did it fill in during that 2nd quarter. Lot of fans showed up and honestly I was Pleasantly surprised tbh

Advertisement
I worried 15 minutes prior to game starting because it looked empty but Midway through the 1st quarter you could see the lower bowl 75% filled and the 300's filled decently. The 300 endzones were pretty empty but that common for us. The atmosphere was pretty good tonight. I wonder how it sounded on TV.

On the way back to the car I ran into a Michigan fan that was here on vacation and decided to catch the game. He asked me if I go to slot of games. I said yes.
He asked “is it always that loud” I responded “that wasn’t sht.
“that was an awesome experience in that stadium” he said.

Advertisement
the fans who showed up. No way after a 2-3 start would I have expected a pretty packed house. That wouldn't have happened even in the OB.

The renovation can not be understated. Anyone who thinks we need a new stadium is clearly not paying attention.

Agree 100%

On the way back to the car I ran into a Michigan fan that was here on vacation and decided to catch the game. He asked me if I go to slot of games. I said yes.
He asked “is it always that loud” I responded “that wasn’t sht.
“that was an awesome experience in that stadium” he said.
That says a lot coming from a Michigan fan. I remember a packed house in '88, maybe 104,000, maybe more. Playing that **** Michigan fight song the whole game. Like college football elevator music but only one team. Instead of waterboarding we should've played Victors Valiant over and over 24 hrs a day.

Advertisement
I worried 15 minutes prior to game starting because it looked empty but Midway through the 1st quarter you could see the lower bowl 75% filled and the 300's filled decently. The 300 endzones were pretty empty but that common for us. The atmosphere was pretty good tonight. I wonder how it sounded on TV.
Loud at times.

The stadium is a nightmare to get to on a weeknight. That's why it was so empty early. It took me 2 full hours to negotiate 23 miles from the south end. I didn't get in my seats until 6 minutes remaining in the first quarter. People nearby who always get there early said they had arrived not long before I did. Everyone was late and none of us are ever late. Everyone said the same thing -- 2 hours from the south and somewhat less than that from comparable distance north.

The ACC should never schedule weeknight games in Miami Gardens. I have been to the past 5 Canes Thursday or Friday roaders from 2013 through 2018. All of them were a comparative pleasure. This outcome was great but I don't forget all that 2 hours of frustration and cursing en route.

Yes, it was contrived loud. An on-campus stadium would be loud in all the meaningful categories.

Advertisement
Since the renovations it's a drastically improved environment. the roof/cover holds in the noise and most know they're not going to get drenched in a downpour. We've developed a much more consistent crowd, no matter the game in the last 2-3 years - far different from the Golden years. It certainly isn't because we have a great team, so it has to be that fans have found the game/stadium experience to be fun enough to return.

Advertisement
Back