Shout Out to Hurlie Brown

Advertisement
Is McDowell a Gator?
The Wire GIF

My favorite Hurlie Brown play was a bit under the radar but really represented a time in UM football. '91 up at Doak Campbell and FSU has first and goal from the 2 and they try to run off tackle left and Hurlie Brown BLOWS UP William Floyd lead blocking and tackles Amp Lee in the same motion for a 5 yard loss. It ultimately forced a short FG and saved 4 points in a game we won by 1. You can see it here at the 23:25 mark:

My favorite Hurlie Brown play was a bit under the radar but really represented a time in UM football. '91 up at Doak Campbell and FSU has first and goal from the 2 and they try to run off tackle left and Hurlie Brown BLOWS UP William Floyd lead blocking and tackles Amp Lee in the same motion for a 5 yard loss. It ultimately forced a short FG and saved 4 points in a game we won by 1. You can see it here at the 23:25 mark:

Omg lol. Bodybagged that guy.

Advertisement
Couldn’t stop watching after that hit by Hurlie. This was my favorite time to be a fan. People say we are a sleeping giant, I would say we are THE sleeping giant. We will not be left behind in conference realignment. Also, we shouldn’t be afraid of any SEC teams.View attachment 194481

7 wins in a row against #1 ranked teams LMAOOOOOOO. What a ******* monster.

Advertisement

Bruh that was a safety with his hand in the dirt with no running start. Floyd was a big time player for them.

****!

Advertisement
I have seen Hurley Brown speak to a group of boosters an he is a great motivator and an outstanding football coach. If he is given the right opportunity, he will thrive!

I dont know unless Hurlie has osme family health issues that PV A&M job was a nice DC gig for him to get feet wet.

Hurlie Brown would forever be my dude for how he looked and talked to No D Frio and Golden on what a Miami Db was supposed to look like. He was 100% right then...
He became my guy blowing up William Floyd at the goal line at their place.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back