Should We take Zone out of the playbook?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Im not a coach and have a pretty basic understanding of defensive schemes but it seems like our DBs and LBs do not know how to cover their zones properly. We leave way to many WRs wide open when we drop into a zone look. Can you run a Defense by just playing press man? It seems like our defense plays their Best when our CBs just line up and cover the man in front of them. Would love to hear from someone with a more advanced understanding of defensive coverages thoughts on this.

Advertisement
Every defense has holes. It’s how good you are at masking them.
Every coach has a philosophy.
every coach should understand the strengths and weaknesses of their coverages and line schemes.
Asking a coach to just change that is hard because usually everything works together.

The best coaches know when to break tendency and how long to do it.

To be honest it’s better to have a coach who knows his identity because at least he has points of reference for adjustments.

Short story long it is that simple but it’s not. Because all coordinators aren’t created equal

I hope it made sense and I hope I ain’t sound condescending

Advertisement
Im not a coach and have a pretty basic understanding of defensive schemes but it seems like our DBs and LBs do not know how to cover their zones properly. We leave way to many WRs wide open when we drop into a zone look. Can you run a Defense by just playing press man? It seems like our defense plays their Best when our CBs just line up and cover the man in front of them. Would love to hear from someone with a more advanced understanding of defensive coverages thoughts on this.
What do you suggest we run for a run game then?

you can either knock people back off the ball or zone block them......which do u think our OL has a better chance at doing?

Advertisement
Back