Should ACC championship be

A rotation would be nice but I don’t know if the ACC has the cloat or fortitude to tell these stadiums they’ll get 3 year deals. And have it 3 years in Central Florida, 3 years in Charlotte and 3 years in DC.

If not just make it at the higher ranked teams stadium.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why it’s not played in Orlando or Tampa. It makes no sense to play the game in North Carolina in December. You tell anyone, Florida in December or North Carolina and what site sounds more attractive?
Attendance. I think wherever it’s put attendance issues will creep up unless one team is playing a home game.

It’s “their” conference so it ain’t moving. The conference belongs to the teams in that area of the Carolinas..Has to be like 6 teams in the ACC in Carolina right?

Jax Stadium is a dump. The game should be rotated between Charlotte and Orlando, with Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, DC and Boston
occasionally rotated in. The Gator Bowl has turned its back on UM every chance possible.

LOL forget Atlanta. that's the home of the SEC title game and zero shot they'll let the ACC hold their title game there. boston would have to be in Foxboro. DC is intriguing. orlando is better than tampa

Advertisement
Boston and dc are really bad places for this game. Just imagine a Clemson/FSU vs Miami/GT game in foxboro on dec 2. That’ll be terrible

At the higher seeded teams home stadium?

The current site is not a neutral site as far as I’m concerned.

I went to Charlotte in 2017 and it might as week have been a clemson home game. They are ridiculously close to Charlotte and any other school that’s not FSU, BC or Miami.

Well, Tobacco Road whines about Jacksonville, FL...and you know what happens.

They try and justify how geographically "neutral" it is via how far north BC, Pitt and Cuse are and how far south UM and F$U are.

Advertisement
Orlando should host the game. No problem as long as Clemson or FSU is on one side and VT/Miami is on the other. Problem is a BC/GT type matchup with about 10k actually in the seats. The proximity of the championship to most teams and mix and match of large state schools/smaller private schools is something the SEC/Big 10/Pac 12/B1G don’t really deal with. It’s unique to the ACC and how spread out we are from Miami to Syracuse/Boston/ and Louisville.

Orlando should host the game. No problem as long as Clemson or FSU is on one side and VT/Miami is on the other. Problem is a BC/GT type matchup with about 10k actually in the seats. The proximity of the championship to most teams and mix and match of large state schools/smaller private schools is something the SEC/Big 10/Pac 12/B1G don’t really deal with. It’s unique to the ACC and how spread out we are from Miami to Syracuse/Boston/ and Louisville.

doesnt the b12 have a team in west va?

You mean like the NFL does their playoff games?

If AFC wildcard, divisional and championship game locations can be decided 7 days out, so can an ACC championship game.

Very different when all NFL teams have full control of their own stadiums... We're tenants at Hard Rock, I doubt we are allowed to keep the date of the championship game open just in case

Advertisement
Very different when all NFL teams have full control of their own stadiums... We're tenants at Hard Rock, I doubt we are allowed to keep the date of the championship game open just in case
It still worked when the Dolphins played at the OB, and when the Rams made the playoffs the last couple years, and for many other NFL teams in similar situations throughout the history of the league.

Advertisement
Orlando or Tampa. ATL Mercedes Benz is great but Bama and company have that on lockdown right now.

Heard the same about Hard Rock too and still do from many.

Can't speak for others , I've been to both and I like both

Anyone that says the Hard Rock is a dump is mentally unstable, blind or flat out ignorant.

Too many people have told me Fedex Field is a dump. From the looks of it, they’re probably correct.

Advertisement
Back