Should ACC championship be

oracleturts

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
At the higher seeded teams home stadium?

The current site is not a neutral site as far as I’m concerned.

I went to Charlotte in 2017 and it might as week have been a clemson home game. They are ridiculously close to Charlotte and any other school that’s not FSU, BC or Miami.

Advertisement
YES. The attendance is hit or miss with it being in Charlotte. it all depends on the teams that make it. and we should get rid of the divisions too, they are dumb.

Advertisement
Bb but but all those schools have thiose awesome on campus stadiums that they talk all that sht about.

I went to the ACC championship in 2017. Charlotte is a “nice” small town/city. That being said, perception wise, it’s corny. Not like the PAC 12 playing in San Fran or SEC playing in Atlanta. Additionally, stadium is a dump. I would almost rather play in Death Valley or wherever with tickets allotted to other team. Weather sucks. It’s ******* cold. Wtf is a conference championship game being played in the cold and rain? Massive fail by the ACC. The ACC needs a massive rebranding campaign.

Advertisement
I felt like Jax was the best spot for it. Nicer stadium, too.

Jax Stadium is a dump. The game should be rotated between Charlotte and Orlando, with Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, DC and Boston
occasionally rotated in. The Gator Bowl has turned its back on UM every chance possible.

At the higher seeded teams home stadium?

The current site is not a neutral site as far as I’m concerned.

I went to Charlotte in 2017 and it might as week have been a clemson home game. They are ridiculously close to Charlotte and any other school that’s not FSU, BC or Miami.
It needs to be set up long before you know what seed is playing. You can't just put it together at whatever stadium belongs to the higher seed like 3 weeks in advance.

Welcome to logistics 101.

Jax Stadium is a dump. The game should be rotated between Charlotte and Orlando, with Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, DC and Boston
occasionally rotated in. The Gator Bowl has turned its back on UM every chance possible.
You obviously haven't been to the stadiums you're naming rook. Miami and Atlanta are the only ones nicer than Jax.

Advertisement
It needs to be set up long before you know what seed is playing. You can't just put it together at whatever stadium belongs to the higher seed like 3 weeks in advance.

Welcome to logistics 101.
You mean like the NFL does their playoff games?

If AFC wildcard, divisional and championship game locations can be decided 7 days out, so can an ACC championship game.

I don’t understand why it’s not played in Orlando or Tampa. It makes no sense to play the game in North Carolina in December. You tell anyone, Florida in December or North Carolina and what site sounds more attractive?

I agree. I went to Charlotte in 2017, too. Got lucky with the weather in the day. cold as heck at night. If it doesn't rotate around the conference at least put it in a warm weather neutral stadium

Advertisement
No matter where you play it...one team will be closer than all the others.

IF the ACC wants a good presentation for TV the Florida sites are better than the others.

But if the ACC wants a destination that's truly unique why not Washington D.C.? Big stadium, great tourist spot even in the winter. Easy to get to. You're guaranteed to have a much better time in D.C. than in Charlotte

Last edited:
I agree. I went to Charlotte in 2017, too. Got lucky with the weather in the day. cold as heck at night. If it doesn't rotate around the conference at least put it in a warm weather neutral stadium

they had it jax and tampa before i think and orlando one year. if miami and FSU had kept up their end of the bargain (really talking about uM here bc at least FSU was dominant for a few years), it would make sense to rotate it. since miami only made it there once and its either Clem or FSU in the atlantic side, it makes no sense to move it to FL if both teams aren't from FL.

i would love if they brought it back to orlando over tampa bc there are WAY more hotels in orlando, but i get why it isn't there yearly. maybe if UM gets back to being UM and is there yearly, they'd consider it

Atlanta would be ideal but SEC has that on lockdown. Need SEC West teams to lobby for it to rotate between Atlanta and New Orleans or Atlanta and Dallas. If that happened, ACC could slide into Atlanta the years the SEC is in the West venue. ACC could then rotate between Atlanta and some other site. I’d be for Orlando if possible.

No matter where you play it...one team will be closer than all the others.

IF the ACC wants a good presentation for TV the Florida sites are better than the others.

But if the ACC wants a destination that's truly unique why not Washington D.C.? Beautiful stadium, great tourist spot even in the winter. Easy to get to. You're guaranteed to have a much better time in D.C. than in Charlotte

Beautiful stadium?

Advertisement
Back