Short Memories - Manny is not an answer to anything good.

Canenable

Recruit
I hope that the people in charge are looking at the disaster that was this season instead of looking at 7-5 and thinking that with just a few breaks we could have been in the ACC Championship Game. Manny finds ways to lose games, he finds ways to keep overmatched teams in games, he is not a head coach of a major university he is a guy that got an opportunity he did not deserve and he performed accordingly. I don't hate Manny Diaz, I like his passion but he simply never had the experience necessary to succeed, not his fault it is actually the fault of the fools that hired him, they are the ones that need to be gone as well as Manny who never should have been here as HC.

If the same fools keep Manny around another year we will have wasted another year and gone backwards even further, costing everyone more time and grief than was necessary. When you see a problem, solve it. When Manny saw problems (that we all saw) like our punting and kicking games, he solved it. The problem is Manny does not have the experience to see all of the problems he needs to see or know about. The people hiring him also have no experience in choosing a head coach as they thought hiring someone with no head coaching experience at a Power 5 level made sense. Imagine if they would have gotten that choice right and hired correctly where we would be right now. We would be headed to Charlotte this week as the odds on favorite to beat Wake Forest, instead we are looking at crappy bowl games and still looking for an AD which we should have replaced years ago (and at the very least found one after the MSU game who would be announcing the hiring of a new head coach in the next two weeks! Instead we are in limbo and the lazy people will either keep Manny around another year or hire a new coach in 6 hours like they did for Manny. Hire an AD soon and dump Manny tomorrow morning or today, this is getting ridiculous! Heck Dan Mullen is available and he is head and shoulders above Manny in experience and accomplishments, the guy actually went to 3 straight New Years Day Bowl games in a row before he had no QB, imagine that as one of our possible options versus another year of Manny, watching leads blown, tackles missed and bad strategy every week.

Advertisement
I hope that the people in charge are looking at the disaster that was this season instead of looking at 7-5 and thinking that with just a few breaks we could have been in the ACC Championship Game. Manny finds ways to lose games....

This was precisely why so many of us were "rooting" for losses to North Carolina State and Pittsburgh earlier in the year—as a 2-6 start (and 2-8 since last year) would've made it undeniable.

Instead, eked out wins in those two games and bought time. "Thankfully" he choked against Florida State, as a six-game win streak and win over a rival might've saved him on some level.

I hope the people in charge are also looking at the records of some teams beaten down the stretch; Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Duke finished a combined 12-24 on the season—while the Virginia and North Carolina teams that beat Miami were a combined 12-12.

There is no excuse for Miami not to have had the same matching 10-2 records that Pittsburgh and Wake Forest take into the ACC title game—as both are very average football teams in a year the ACC was one of the worst conferences in football.

Side note; Dan Mullen sucks, too. Theoretically runs a good offense, but trash recruiter. For all he was supposed to do at Florida—where is all the talent and top-flight recruits? Mullen won with McElwain's guys and did a sub-par job recruiting his own.

Diaz needs to stick to defensive coordinator just as Mullen needs to go back to calling offenses. Neither are head coaching material and CEOs of programs.

Advertisement
Back