Short and sweet, not end of world...BUT why does Diaz insist on handicapping himself (Ivey/JEnnings, etc)

skeeter

Junior
Premium
Only couple game comments...The main one being the first one. I didn't think we were gonna win and I wasn't shocked by this outcome although I did hope we could keep it in the 35 or 40- to 17 to 21ish range. Bama gonna Bama BUT

– I cannot stand AT THIS LEVEL…IN BIG GAMES…why coaches play kids that are clearly dog ****...I (and I’m sure some of you) heard all this DJ Ivey hype for the last month. I never even entertained that ANY of it was true. THE KID IS DOG****. He should be the 6th-7th corner at UM. And I don’t mean on good teams…I mean on this team with a depth problem at corner, he should still be 3rd string. He has a miserable career here, he is not good and won’t be good. And Corey Flagg made more plays in one quarter than Jennings has made in his entire UM career. And I’m not even touting Flagg as the next Michael Barrow…The point is he’s better than Jennings, and it’s not close

You owe these kids nothing. I like coachable kids and hard workers as much as the next guys. Every team needs em. I’m cool with rewarding them with an occasional drive and then a couple drives when you play a weaker team. But these kids are doing nothing but blocking talent. Even though the positions they play aren't the strongest not his team. Don’t make this tougher than what it is Diaz! As I said, I didn’t particularly expect it to be ehhh particularly close. And yes Bama did answer some offensive question marks in a big way…But my god play your best players. It’s like Diaz is going out of his way to handicap himself. The players I just named are awful and should not be on the field other than a down here or there or mop up time (and then only a series or two then you get young kids time)
We’ve seen enough. They can’t play a lick. Why tie your job security to them?

– Is there a worse, more overrated idea…Than a goaline, short yardage hurry up? I made that post on the old board countless times. Especially on a 4th down…**** forget the play call and the execution, forget that you are up against ******* Bama a team that no one has beat in the trenches in a decade. You are opening yourself up to missed assignments, false starts, and tipping your hand
If you are going to do something that stupid…PREPARE…And run a wrinkle off of it. Hate the hurry up, hate the call

– Couch looked good, Flagg actually looked ok I thought. I don’t think Stevenson was beat. Kinchens got his head in there. Great catch Restrepo. Good news is it only gets easier from here. O-line got destroyed, but it will only get easier from here.

Well that was fun… Can’t let down…App state can run and play D.

Advertisement
Only couple game comments...The main one being the first one. I didn't think we were gonna win and I wasn't shocked by this outcome although I did hope we could keep it in the 35 or 40- to 17 to 21ish range. Bama gonna Bama BUT

– I cannot stand AT THIS LEVEL…IN BIG GAMES…why coaches play kids that are clearly dog ****...I (and I’m sure some of you) heard all this DJ Ivey hype for the last month. I never even entertained that ANY of it was true. THE KID IS DOG****. He should be the 6th-7th corner at UM. And I don’t mean on good teams…I mean on this team with a depth problem at corner, he should still be 3rd string. He has a miserable career here, he is not good and won’t be good. And Corey Flagg made more plays in one quarter than Jennings has made in his entire UM career. And I’m not even touting Flagg as the next Michael Barrow…The point is he’s better than Jennings, and it’s not close

You owe these kids nothing. I like coachable kids and hard workers as much as the next guys. Every team needs em. I’m cool with rewarding them with an occasional drive and then a couple drives when you play a weaker team. But these kids are doing nothing but blocking talent. Even though the positions they play aren't the strongest not his team. Don’t make this tougher than what it is Diaz! As I said, I didn’t particularly expect it to be ehhh particularly close. And yes Bama did answer some offensive question marks in a big way…But my god play your best players. It’s like Diaz is going out of his way to handicap himself. The players I just named are awful and should not be on the field other than a down here or there or mop up time (and then only a series or two then you get young kids time)
We’ve seen enough. They can’t play a lick. Why tie your job security to them?

– Is there a worse, more overrated idea…Than a goaline, short yardage hurry up? I made that post on the old board countless times. Especially on a 4th down…**** forget the play call and the execution, forget that you are up against ******* Bama a team that no one has beat in the trenches in a decade. You are opening yourself up to missed assignments, false starts, and tipping your hand
If you are going to do something that stupid…PREPARE…And run a wrinkle off of it. Hate the hurry up, hate the call

– Couch looked good, Flagg actually looked ok I thought. I don’t think Stevenson was beat. Kinchens got his head in there. Great catch Restrepo. Good news is it only gets easier from here. O-line got destroyed, but it will only get easier from here.

Well that was fun… Can’t let down…App state can run and play D.
Agree with a lot here. Too much rotation for rotation sake.
Disagree on 2. People here **** ride him (not saying you do) so I will probably get negged to death, but they threw at rique all day and completed errything

I will say he was a sure physical tackler but I’d prefer he cover someone once in a while.

Because he brought them here and probably believes it’s a bad look not to play them.

Wish we had reporters who would press this issue

but they rather report shizzz that hurts the program

Advertisement
Agree with a lot here. Too much rotation for rotation sake.
Disagree on 2. People here **** ride him (not saying you do) so I will probably get negged to death, but they threw at rique all day and completed errything

I will say he was a sure physical tackler but I’d prefer he cover someone once in a while.

Ehhh I saw him in coverage on a couple incompletions and when they did complete it it was in front of him and he brought his man down. He doesn't shy from contact either.

I do believe the kid's best position may be safety though and I've said that all along. Is what it is though and he's needed here at corner.

Advertisement
Back