Shock the world vs UNC today?

Advertisement
Lykes gets tackled. No call

Yup. And Amp got hacked on a drive in OT also, but no call there for the and-one either. Several others in the last ten minutes of the second half too. Team played hard enough and well enough to win tonight. Sometimes you gotta give credit to another team for making their shots, but it's hard to do that when the officiating is also so influential.

Advertisement
That is a perfect picture of our d, always reaching. I know L loves how this team competes, he knows what he has, I can't imagine the strain this year has had on him. We go straight knucklehaed for 4 or 5 minute stretches and it pretty much dooms us every game. We make so many really incredible individual plays and then just throw it away . Wasted some very good individual performances this year. I thought we would put a complete game together and sneak up on a top team, guess that won't happen now. Funny we did about everything well that we typically don't do well at all, 3's rebounding, but it was that stretch of 4 or 5 bad possessions that killed all that.

Advertisement
When you are playing a Tobacco Road school on the road, you have to jump out to a lead so large, that the refs can't play a factor. If it's close, then odds are you aren't going to come out on top. That said, Miami did everything possible to win that game, and considering the fact that they are playing a top 10 team with 7 guys, I can't ask for more. I know people are going to look at this season and say "This Miami team stunk, and L can't coach", but to anyone that truly understands basketball, this may be L's finest coaching job. Think about how many top tier teams Miami has stuck with, despite having maybe 4 guys on the roster that could play regular minutes at any of those schools.

Wow. Thanks for the condensed video. Even more heartbreaking than I realized from the thread itself.

More energy. That's what I saw. Lykes hasn't been that zig zag quick or arrogant all year. I think the team was ultra motivated to save the season with that type of win.

D.J. can do more than we ask him to do, or that he typically allows himself to do. That is another takeaway.

Advertisement
Wow. Thanks for the condensed video. Even more heartbreaking than I realized from the thread itself.

More energy. That's what I saw. Lykes hasn't been that zig zag quick or arrogant all year. I think the team was ultra motivated to save the season with that type of win.

D.J. can do more than we ask him to do, or that he typically allows himself to do. That is another takeaway.

Lykes has been outstanding for most of the season. He's been quick all year, it was just a good matchup day for him. UNC is athletic and rangy, but they don't have guys with that burst speed. DJ is at his best when he is allowed to do what he excels at, be a secondary scorer.

Advertisement
Lykes has been outstanding for most of the season. He's been quick all year, it was just a good matchup day for him. UNC is athletic and rangy, but they don't have guys with that burst speed. DJ is at his best when he is allowed to do what he excels at, be a secondary scorer.

I attend every home game and watch the roaders. It wasn't close to the same yesterday. D.J. never makes moves in the paint like that. And Lykes is always quick but in the typical game he doesn't paralyze defenders with the zig zag dribble at the 3 point line.

Believe whatever you want but if we have our typical energy level we aren't competitive in that game. Unfortunately the trend most of the season is that we are more aware of disadvantage on the road so those games feature more focus and intensity level, like at Florida State and yesterday. It won't work all the time. We'll get clubbed at Virginia or at Duke, it not both.

I attend every home game and watch the roaders. It wasn't close to the same yesterday. D.J. never makes moves in the paint like that. And Lykes is always quick but in the typical game he doesn't paralyze defenders with the zig zag dribble at the 3 point line.

Believe whatever you want but if we have our typical energy level we aren't competitive in that game. Unfortunately the trend most of the season is that we are more aware of disadvantage on the road so those games feature more focus and intensity level, like at Florida State and yesterday. It won't work all the time. We'll get clubbed at Virginia or at Duke, it not both.

You are discounting the energy they've played with ALL SEASON. You don't play ranked team after ranked team tough with SEVEN GUYS if you aren't playing with a ton of energy.

That is a perfect picture of our d, always reaching. I know L loves how this team competes, he knows what he has, I can't imagine the strain this year has had on him. We go straight knucklehaed for 4 or 5 minute stretches and it pretty much dooms us every game. We make so many really incredible individual plays and then just throw it away . Wasted some very good individual performances this year. I thought we would put a complete game together and sneak up on a top team, guess that won't happen now. Funny we did about everything well that we typically don't do well at all, 3's rebounding, but it was that stretch of 4 or 5 bad possessions that killed all that.

That's basketball. It's a game of runs. Every team has stretches of 4 or 5 bad possessions when it seems like they "just throw it away". The good teams 1) minimize their frequency, and 2) go on big runs more often. Saying we need to avoid those stretches is equivalent to saying, "we need to be better at basketball". L seems to be moving us in that direction, but as we've all noted, this roster is extremely limited...

Advertisement
Back