Shimoore Stern '17 WR

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep no speed, but I think somebody needs to look at his quarterback...Effortless throws on the money..

Advertisement
Championships do not happen loading up on 3 star players

Dumb comment. One of the dumbest of the dumb. You don't know our recruiting history in the '80's. Don't think we loaded up on five stars and then a lot of fouterr stars. We didn't. I followed it more closely then than most people here do now. We got beat time and again by FSU, ND and other schools for the most prized recruits. Jimmy built great teams out of unknown guys that kept getting better and better. We had tons of players like that. Tons. Very few truly elite blue chips.

It might be harder to do that now, but not entirely. Stars don't easily predict development, just talent at a fixed point which is now. Jimmy could identify the kids who could keep getting better and better. He had that knack, and so did Butch, who was Jimmy's R.C. until Dave Scott took over.

Advertisement
Championships do not happen loading up on 3 star players

Dumb comment. One of the dumbest of the dumb. You don't know our recruiting history in the '80's. Don't think we loaded up on five stars and then a lot of fouterr stars. We didn't. I followed it more closely then than most people here do now. We got beat time and again by FSU, ND and other schools for the most prized recruits. Jimmy built great teams out of unknown guys that kept getting better and better. We had tons of players like that. Tons. Very few truly elite blue chips.

It might be harder to do that now, but not entirely. Stars don't easily predict development, just talent at a fixed point which is now. Jimmy could identify the kids who could keep getting better and better. He had that knack, and so did Butch, who was Jimmy's R.C. until Dave Scott took over.

So we're going back to the 80s now,you sound like Michigan an ND fans in the 80s referring to the 40s and 50s when they dominated .Recruiting now is nothing like it was in the 80s.

The interest in these tall WR's that aren't the fleetest of foot is a bit of a head scratcher considering the lack of speed commentary coming from Richt. Maybe he's doing it so that scumbag Butch Jones offers them all? Seems to be how Tennessee recruits. He certainly can't spot talent. I think Tennessee got blanked in the draft. That's embarrassing. I digress, other than Dallas are we recruiting and other burners? I can't believe I'm asking this, but are there any speed guys in Sfla who have UM level talent? What about Florida in general? Thanks in advance.

Go Canes!

Miami WR coach Ron Dugans and safeties coach Ephraim Banda at Columbus-Mater Academy scrimmage #Canes

I bet Dugans is watching/ recruiting Stern

J.T. Wilcox ‏@JTWilcoxSports 5m5 minutes ago
Nice matchup going on between Columbus CB @BandyTrajan vs. Mater WR Shimoore Stern

Advertisement
Stern got behind the corner on a deep ball and alligator armed what would have been a TD. Moves like a TE

Stern got behind the corner on a deep ball and alligator armed what would have been a TD. Moves like a TE

That's what I said before in a previous post, he looks more like a TE..Is the staff recruiting him as a TE?

Advertisement
Back