Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think he transfers at some point anyways and probably gets another deal at some new big time school.
Why he gotta transfer? Yall think college life is so great for these kids at Bama with most of the students wearing khaki shorts and sweater vest over their t shirt? If he is good as they say, he going pro from J state.

So no TV networks carried College Football back in the 1950s,60s, 70s, etc? Fans didn't fill stadiums until kids started weighing over 190 lbs and running 4.5 forties?

View attachment 168164
are you seriously talking about college football when only white guys played and people watched on black and white tv's. A time when people didnt even have tv's...people were listening to games on the radio! If a person then started talking about the concept of the internet, he would have been in a straight jacket in a padded room with the quicks :pgdead: its 2021 man

Advertisement
For people that either can get a free education anywhere in the country, or the dollar amount is irrelevant because of their family income, tuition is tuition. If you aren’t Stanford or ivy, or going for a specific unique program, what difference does it make to a scholarship athlete that sees themselves as future pro athletes?
I went to Miami. I’m aware of how much it costs. I’m talking about what it’s worth.
For people that either can get a free education anywhere in the country, or the dollar amount is irrelevant because of their family income, tuition is irrelevant. What difference does it make to a scholarship athlete that sees themselves as future pro athletes getting a social sciences degree? For whatever reason we either misunderstand the value of free, or somehow equate all private schools to Harvard.

his deal is prolly x amount a month provided he performs x y z as a student athlete at OSU. its prolly voided now that hes transferred and id agree that he prolly didn't get close to the millions the deal was worth

Agreed. And I'm not mad at any one particular poster, I'm just frustrated with this blind acceptance of a false myth that a kid just cashed a million dollar check and has already pre-filled out his form to enter the Portal.

If ANY corporation or business entity in America is dumb enough to draft a contract where the company pays all the money up front and has no control over future contingencies, then that business DESERVES to go bankrupt.

But I highly doubt that is what happened with any of these NIL deals.

You’re forgetting the rule change to account for transfers you get up to 7 more scholarships because of transfer rules now so I’m sure Jimbo will be encouraging kids to transfer out so he has the full 32. Remember he’s from the Saban school of roster management they always get to take a full class every year because they push kids out. Hopefully Mario attended that class so we can always take a full class every year like Saban Kirby and Jimbo do
This only applies to transfers after 12/15. So yes, he could free up spots, but it depends on who leaves and when they leave.

Advertisement
are you seriously talking about college football when only white guys played and people watched on black and white tv's. A time when people didnt even have tv's...people were listening to games on the radio! If a person then started talking about the concept of the internet, he would have been in a straight jacket in a padded room with the quicks :pgdead: its 2021 man

You missed the point. The programs regardless of who is playing would still be here. Fans still filled the stadiums before the TV mega contracts. Do you cheer for specific players on Saturdays or do you cheer for Miami?

the diff is in miami, these kids aren't superstars as they would be in a college town. they're the bams, jimmy butlers of their town.
Disagree, what what starts to happen at USC! Bryce young got his NIL from a LA firm from
What I heard. I was speaking with someone who’s involved and they were mentioning that taking chances on
Well it could be that our new coach and AD have only been here 1 week?

Our last AD and Coach were meant to work at the Circus.
just hoping a young man like Stewart Ans the others is being set up for big ticket type nil

Disagree, what what starts to happen at USC! Bryce young got his NIL from a LA firm from
What I heard. I was speaking with someone who’s involved and they were mentioning that taking chances on

just hoping a young man like Stewart Ans the others is being set up for big ticket type nil

A. LA isn't miami. LA has MUCH MORE media opps than miami does and it isn't close.
B. LA firm. is he getting marketed in LA as part of his deal? guys can sign with agents and firms that are located around the country. my buddys company signed a few UF athletes to his apparel company as an NIL deal and they're based out of cali

Early enrollees count toward the previous years class. I dont know how many these schools signed in the 21 class, but that can be why some schools are taking more than 25.
They can only do that if there is still room in last years 25. If that is full then they have to count in the current. I know the rules this year with the portal players leaving and giving some slots back but counting stays the same

Advertisement
They can only do that if there is still room in last years 25. If that is full then they have to count in the current. I know the rules this year with the portal players leaving and giving some slots back but counting stays the same
Yep, and 247 has them at 20 enrollees for last year.

Advertisement
Not sure if it's an actual announcement or not but you're better off focusing on your work either way.

Larry David Reaction GIF

Using Miami as an example. I guess the 350K+ the athlete gets in free tuition, free books, free room/board, free meals over four years, and a degree from major university doesn't count as compensation at all?

How many thousands of hours of work does a kid put in over four years at a major D1 program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back