Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think some of these guys are confused. They think the kid is going to show up at Jackson State and a million dollar (or 1.5 million or 2 million or whatever it is up to now) check is going to be in his Orientation goody bag.

Businesses are smart. They know how to pay in installments. Kid won't get all the money until it is earned and in his bank account.

this. they're withheld if he doesn't perform what hes required per the contract. its how the Top Team deal is set up with miami. as its been said, just playing isn't valid to pay the kid.

Advertisement
Remember you're paying for location too.
location my ***. As my name suggests, I just graduated in '21, the number of my friends with over 250k in UG student debt is insane, and I graduated in one of the more lucrative majors....can't imagine the music or marine bio kids. We shouldn't be paying 50-60k/yr for 4 years to make 50-80k/yr

location my ***. As my name suggests, I just graduated in '21, the number of my friends with over 250k in UG student debt is insane, and I graduated in one of the more lucrative majors....can't imagine the music or marine bio kids
its actually sad bc both those programs are very good at miami

Are there strict rules in NIL language preventing kids from switching schools and keeping their NIL deal? Why would these big time NIL deal businesses care what school the kid goes to? These companies have a national audience and if the kid wants to move to a bigger and better program with more TV exposure, it benefits that business.

NIL rules? You've heard of contracts, right? The language of the contract will be the key.

And if the contract says "payable over 4 years", then it will be payable over 4 years. And if a kid has to do various things over 4 years to earn the money, then so be it. And if there are parameters about "where" and "when", then the contract dictates.

Why do people keep inventing these fictitious fantasies about a kid getting a million dollars free-and-clear and then being able to transfer anywhere he wants? As if some brilliant CIS porsters figured out a gaping loophole that no business owner could have predicted and protected itself against.

Show me the ATM receipt that says Ewers has a million dollars in his bank account and I'll walk away from these idiotic arguments.

How many NFL players have earned the fully-advertised face value of the contracts they signed? Besides Kirk Cousins?

Can I just laugh at all the porsters who think that a car dealership handed Ewers a million dollars for doing nothing and staying in Ohio for less than a year?

I don't think the 7 figure NIL deal is true. For sure the kid got a bag, but I don't think it was with barstool.

It was a fake Adam Schefter twitter account saying the 1.5 mullion and the original guy who tweeted it doesn't seem legit either Just sounds like salty AF tears from the Noles fans making up an excuse they can.

Advertisement
I went to miami but I don't fault anyone for going to a state school in Florida if its free and paid for by right futures and getting their UG degree. at the end of the day, you'll likely need a graduate degree and that's where it makes sense to spend a bit more on. kill it academically and go to an elite grad school if your field requires it. if you wanna go business or engineering, go to a school known for it and hire well right out of the gate

its actually sad bc both those programs are very good at miami
The marine bio program "is fantastic" but I know a girl who has 280k in student debt who got "an amazing job at the Atlanta aquarium" and is labeled "top of her class" and will spend the next 15 -20 years trying to pay that off on her 50k/yr

NIL rules? You've heard of contracts, right? The language of the contract will be the key.

And if the contract says "payable over 4 years", then it will be payable over 4 years. And if a kid has to do various things over 4 years to earn the money, then so be it. And if there are parameters about "where" and "when", then the contract dictates.

Why do people keep inventing these fictitious fantasies about a kid getting a million dollars free-and-clear and then being able to transfer anywhere he wants? As if some brilliant CIS porsters figured out a gaping loophole that no business owner could have predicted and protected itself against.

Show me the ATM receipt that says Ewers has a million dollars in his bank account and I'll walk away from these idiotic arguments.

How many NFL players have earned the fully-advertised face value of the contracts they signed? Besides Kirk Cousins?

Can I just laugh at all the porsters who think that a car dealership handed Ewers a million dollars for doing nothing and staying in Ohio for less than a year?
his deal is prolly x amount a month provided he performs x y z as a student athlete at OSU. its prolly voided now that hes transferred and id agree that he prolly didn't get close to the millions the deal was worth

The marine bio program "is fantastic" but I know a girl who has 280k in student debt who got "an amazing job at the Atlanta aquarium" and is labeled "top of her class" and will spend the next 15 -20 years trying to pay that off on her 50k/yr
to be fair, the Georgia aquarium is insane but yeah not really worth it overall, but its her passion. if she's happy with it, so be it. I know docs who have more in debt and still haven't paid it off and are fine with it.

Advertisement

Brilliant post! People need to start using common sense, and using critical thinking skills.

Imagine being the person who thinks this world is only about the college playoffs.

Hunter just made a couple million to go get an education and play football.

Then he can transfer next year and still have his million a plus pick any school he wants.

You got it all backwards. Hunter is actually really smart. Does the nfl care if you went to the playoffs in college? If hunter is talented he will still end up in the nfl and already have millions to his name for him and his family. Life changing money.

I agree w/ ur statement. U’re absolutely right, the NFL is filled w/ talent from all over. FCS, G5, P5, ****, now even Canadian colleges are getting poached for NFL talent.

We’ve seen Steve McNair, Nick Collins, Darius Leonard, Aeneas Williams, Michael Stratham, etc all get drafted high despite playing at a HBCU. Furthermore, it’s no guarantee that if u go a big school u’ll pan out; but being a big fish in a smaller pond, he’ll stand out even further.

With that being said, however, the contrast is the NFL do prefer FBS talent over FCS talent. It’s an overwhelming ratio of FBS players vs. FCS players. So sometimes, the ? is does the upfront money make sense to the long term bread. Again, I’m a guy who does business from a long term standpoint. If NIL is my game, can I make more $ by certain exposures? Also, what r the terms & conditions of this upfront money to go to a non traditional school? If NFL contract $ is my game, what team is going to put me in the best position to get generational wealth?

There’s no doubt playing at a FCS, if u’re talented, can get u into the 1st - 2nd round, but it’s much more of an uphill climb, unless u’re a QB (which the NFL is absolutely desperate for). Either way, I’m happy b/c it hurts FSU & helps HBCUs, who have become completely overlooked over the yrs after producing so much talent in the 50’s - 80’s.

Advertisement
Those players are only there for three or for years and then move on to different careers while being replaced with other players. In addition, each said player does not have the same responsibilities as the coach. While the product might not be as entertaining, could these colleges still field teams with students that on a regular scholarship that just want to be part of team and have fun playing ball? I'd venture to say yes as Colleges and College Football existing well before you or I was born.
If colleges played with regular students, all walk ons all the money generated would be gone. TV networks arent paying hundreds of millions of dollars to watch some guy run a 5.5 at 190 lbs. The entertainment value would be gone. No one would want to watch it. Think WNBA but worse. The wow factor of the size and speed of the players is what draws people to watch. Who paying 1000 plus bucks to take the fam to see some sht you could do in your backyard?

Advertisement
I agree w/ ur statement. U’re absolutely right, the NFL is filled w/ talent from all over. FCS, G5, P5, ****, now even Canadian colleges are getting poached for NFL talent.

We’ve seen Steve McNair, Nick Collins, Darius Leonard, Aeneas Williams, Michael Stratham, etc all get drafted high despite playing at a HBCU. Furthermore, it’s no guarantee that if u go a big school u’ll pan out; but being a big fish in a smaller pond, he’ll stand out even further.

With that being said, however, the contrast is the NFL do prefer FBS talent over FCS talent. It’s an overwhelming ratio of FBS players vs. FCS players. So sometimes, the ? is does the upfront money make sense to the long term bread. Again, I’m a guy who does business from a long term standpoint. If NIL is my game, can I make more $ by certain exposures? If NFL contract $ is my game, what team is going to put me in the best position to get generational wealth?

There’s no doubt playing at a FCS, if u’re talented, can get u into the 1st - 2nd round, but it’s much more of an uphill climb, unless u’re a QB (which the NFL is absolutely desperate for). Either way, I’m happy b/c it hurts FSU & helps HBCUs who have become completely overlooked over the yrs after producing so much talent in the 50’s - 80’s.

I think he transfers at some point anyways and probably gets another deal at some new big time school.

If colleges played with regular students, all walk ons all the money generated would be gone. TV networks arent paying hundreds of millions of dollars to watch some guy run a 5.5 at 190 lbs. The entertainment value would be gone. No one would want to watch it. Think WNBA but worse. The wow factor of the size and speed of the players is what draws people to watch. Who paying 1000 plus bucks to take the fam to see some sht you could do in your backyard?

So no TV networks carried College Football back in the 1950s,60s, 70s, etc? Fans didn't fill stadiums until kids started weighing over 190 lbs and running 4.5 forties?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back