Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami is the Mecca outside of la and nyc for marketing how in gods green earth we not doing more with NIL type stuff makes no sense! Kid like these shouldn’t have to think twice about it!
Well it could be that our new coach and AD have only been here 1 week?

Our last AD and Coach were meant to work at the Circus.

Advertisement
I agree the coaching salaries are out of control. However, why should there be equal compensation. He's the coach/captain/CEO with many years of experience. These are young men just starting their career. I don't make the same salary as my CEO. His job requires different skills then mine and I'm not responsible for the whole operation.
I don't give a **** about no CEO. With companies they own the commodities and the services. College football, the players are the commodities. That is not the same thing. If the players stop playing there is no college football. If the workers resign from a company, the company is still there. They can even use automation and the internet to keep it operating. Its already started.

Depends on whether they have ICs they can apply to last year's class or next year's (assuming anyone they sign in Feb doesn't enroll until August). 25 is the hard number, but the year (+/- 1) to which you apply that 25 can be adjusted even if there are more than 25 who enroll in a given year. Miami signed Cody Brown, Justice O. (& someone else I can't recall right now) last year and their scholarships were applied to the '22 class, meaning they have less than 25 ICs for this upcoming class. That's likely why Mario is targeting 16-20 as a full class for this year.
You’re forgetting the rule change to account for transfers you get up to 7 more scholarships because of transfer rules now so I’m sure Jimbo will be encouraging kids to transfer out so he has the full 32. Remember he’s from the Saban school of roster management they always get to take a full class every year because they push kids out. Hopefully Mario attended that class so we can always take a full class every year like Saban Kirby and Jimbo do

How much of that NIL money will moe leach off of Stewart? I want every 4/5 star kid to pick Miami, but issshh like this is so concerning to me that it goes beyond Miami. I remember how I was at 18 and how impressionable I was and now you want to give them 7 figure deals? These dudes about to have the sharks circling them and be shopped like a hooker with no regard for the long term longevity of the player.

Money is money, but when you have an 18 year old getting manipulated into making a short term decision in favor of cash while sacrificing Strength and conditioning, nutrition, medical training, and education that will be benefit them in the long term…it rubs me the wrong way.

That’s not even considering how many of these handlers are going to scam these kids now. I know this isn’t new, but now it’s open season. I’m sure moe is getting 10% for negotiating these deals.

Go to Bama, Georgia, Ohio state, Miami, or some other power 5 school that’s going to invest into you the student athlete for the long term.

Advertisement
Probably depends on the business. My guess is that car dealership is in Ohio and they gave Ewers that deal because he was the hot shot OSU QB recruit. Now that he is at Texas there is no benefit to them. Now a national name like Barstool may not care as much.

Sure, I should have qualified my post. If it's a local business, I get it. But if it's somewhat regional/national, it's a win/win for all (except for the school that gets ditched).

The car dealership that payed Ewers terminated the NIL deal when he transferred. I'm sure it says you have to play at a certain school or something.

NIL wasn't supposed to be able to dictate what school you attend but it looks like it's doing exactly the opposite.
I am sure most if not all deals have these contingencies. At least bags were cash up front

I don't give a **** about no CEO. With companies they own the commodities and the services. College football, the players are the commodities. That is not the same thing. If the players stop playing there is no college football. If the workers resign from a company, the company is still there. They can even use automation and the internet to keep it operating. Its already started.

Those players are only there for three or for years and then move on to different careers while being replaced with other players. In addition, each said player does not have the same responsibilities as the coach. While the product might not be as entertaining, could these colleges still field teams with students that on a regular scholarship that just want to be part of team and have fun playing ball? I'd venture to say yes as Colleges and College Football existing well before you or I was born.

Advertisement
Those players are only there for three or for years and then move on to different careers while being replaced with other players. In addition, each said player does not have the same responsibilities as the coach. While the product might not be as entertaining, could these colleges still field teams with students that on a regular scholarship that just want to be part of team and have fun playing ball? I'd venture to say yes as Colleges and College Football existing well before you or I was born.
There is no college football without the players. The salary they get in the pros bears that out. They make as much money as pro sports do. So whats the difference?

Are there strict rules in NIL language preventing kids from switching schools and keeping their NIL deal? Why would these big time NIL deal businesses care what school the kid goes to? These companies have a national audience and if the kid wants to move to a bigger and better program with more TV exposure, it benefits that business.
Not really. A Ohio car dealership isn’t making money cuz a kid transferred back to Texas.

Your theory would make sense if these NIL deals weren’t money laundering and pay for play deals.

Advertisement
I coached down here and will never understand this nut-hugging behavior. This guy isn't even a handler, he's a groupie. He might end up cleaning Shemar's yacht in 5 years.
That fella looks like he doesn’t even clean his own undercarriage much less the one on someone else’s boat

Well it could be that our new coach and AD have only been here 1 week?

Our last AD and Coach were meant to work at the Circus.
And the fact that on a million dollar plus deal, the ROI isn’t there unless the kid is a Heisman, All American type. That’s fine for boosters who just want their team to have good players. They’ll take the hit and the tax benefits from paying a kid thousands of dollars. Miami has a ton of business and marketing, but unless the higher ups are Miami grads or boosters, they aren’t going to waste their money to get Shemar Stewart to Miami

Advertisement
There is no college football without the players. The salary they get in the pros bears that out. They make as much money as pro sports do. So whats the difference?

The colleges and College Football existed before all the mass influx of athletic scholarships. As I said the product/platform would be watered down and wouldn't be as entertaining, but it would be there without the super athlete. The Colleges and the sport of College Football has given the platform to these young men to get into Schools they may not would be qualified to get into without it.

college football will ultimately need player contracts if they're going to keep the NIL in order. That or businesses handing out NIL deals will have to get burned on a few deals to reel the market in.

The car dealership that payed Ewers terminated the NIL deal when he transferred. I'm sure it says you have to play at a certain school or something.

NIL wasn't supposed to be able to dictate what school you attend but it looks like it's doing exactly the opposite.

Yeah, I think some of these guys are confused. They think the kid is going to show up at Jackson State and a million dollar (or 1.5 million or 2 million or whatever it is up to now) check is going to be in his Orientation goody bag.

Businesses are smart. They know how to pay in installments. Kid won't get all the money until it is earned and in his bank account.

college football will ultimately need player contracts if they're going to keep the NIL in order. That or businesses handing out NIL deals will have to get burned on a few deals to reel the market in.
I’m thinking performance incentives will start being attached to NIL deals. Places will pay to get a 5 star on campus. If he busts and doesn’t reach certain levels, they’ll nullify the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back