Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall need to stop being like the FSU clowns. If you get offered a mill
And you believe in your talent. You take the money and go to the league. Many 4 and 5 stars go to Bama even and become busts. If he goes to Jackson State, we aint gotta worry about him helping teams we have to play against. I want him here of course. But yall gonna have to change yall mentality. Coaches, mainly white dudes have benefited off the backs of these young men for years without equal compensation. Acting like schools haven't been paying players for years is nonsensical and college football went on. This actually spreads the wealth instead of hoarding the talent on 4 teams who make the playoffs every year with a couple others in and out while others go in with no chance of winning like OU and ND. I went to Grambling so im happy for HBCU football. But despite what people say this aint gonna be some momentous turning of players committing there. Unless some big media starts putting guaranteed money behind these schools. That would be a game changer. Not one or two players getting the bag.

Advertisement
He's literally seen the latter every day of his life almost.

And let's just say there's some talent at Jackson State that you ain't gonna really get in the Magic City unless you got the bucks.

If he's considering going to a ****hole like College Station, then clearly the bright lights and big city aren't that big of an attraction. Perhaps he just wants a genuine College experience, which Jackson State offers more of than UM.

With that said, f*ck Jackson State and TATM when it comes to this recruitment.

This kid needs to be a Cane.
Seeing it and playing in it are two different things.

Advertisement
How many can A&M sign? They have 25 already Signed, but they also have Evan Stewart (26) committed but not signed? Both Harold Perkins, Denver Harris, Shemar are 100% CB there. That's 29.

Yall need to stop being like the FSU clowns. If you get offered a mill
And you believe in your talent. You take the money and go to the league. Many 4 and 5 stars go to Bama even and become busts. If he goes to Jackson State, we aint gotta worry about him helping teams we have to play against. I want him here of course. But yall gonna have to change yall mentality. Coaches, mainly white dudes have benefited off the backs of these young men for years without equal compensation. Acting like schools haven't been paying players for years is nonsensical and college football went on. This actually spreads the wealth instead of hoarding the talent on 4 teams who make the playoffs every year with a couple others in and out while others go in with no chance of winning like OU and ND. I went to Grambling so im happy for HBCU football. But despite what people say this aint gonna be some momentous turning of players committing there. Unless some big media starts putting guaranteed money behind these schools. That would be a game changer. Not one or two players getting the bag.

Using Miami as an example. I guess the 350K+ the athlete gets in free tuition, free books, free room/board, free meals over four years, and a degree from major university doesn't count as compensation at all?

Miami is the Mecca outside of la and nyc for marketing how in gods green earth we not doing more with NIL type stuff makes no sense! Kid like these shouldn’t have to think twice about it!

Advertisement
Using Miami as an example. I guess the 350K+ the athlete gets in free tuition, free books, free room/board, free meals over four years, and a degree from major university doesn't count as compensation at all?
I said equal compensation. You think a bum like Brian Kelly getting 100 Million is equal compensation to what you named. When 90% or more of the players who helped his record aint never going pro? And that degree will not make them even 25% of Kelly's salary even if they work for 40 years? Sure. And that's not counting all the money he made before this deal.

Are there strict rules in NIL language preventing kids from switching schools and keeping their NIL deal? Why would these big time NIL deal businesses care what school the kid goes to? These companies have a national audience and if the kid wants to move to a bigger and better program with more TV exposure, it benefits that business.
Probably depends on the business. My guess is that car dealership is in Ohio and they gave Ewers that deal because he was the hot shot OSU QB recruit. Now that he is at Texas there is no benefit to them. Now a national name like Barstool may not care as much.

Miami is the Mecca outside of la and nyc for marketing how in gods green earth we not doing more with NIL type stuff makes no sense! Kid like these shouldn’t have to think twice about it!

Because you marketing is about association with a prize commodity ie in sports that's being a winner.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I said equal compensation. You think a bum like Brian Kelly getting 100 Million is equal compensation to what you named. When 90% or more of the players who helped his record aint never going pro? And that degree will not make them even 25% of Kelly's salary even if they work for 40 years? Sure. And that's not counting all the money he made before this deal.

I agree the coaching salaries are out of control. However, why should there be equal compensation. He's the coach/captain/CEO with many years of experience. These are young men just starting their career. I don't make the same salary as my CEO. His job requires different skills then mine and I'm not responsible for the whole operation.

That applies to the other stadium that the picture you posted doesn't capture.

Just a different vibe at an HBCU game. The Bands. The Food. The family atmosphere. The history.

Works both ways.

ijs.
regarding the talent, you'll find talent on nearly every college campus in the country. the talent that miami (as a city) has isn't walking on campus every day where these kids spend the majority of their time.

Advertisement
How many can A&M sign? They have 25 already Signed, but they also have Evan Stewart (26) committed but not signed? Both Harold Perkins, Denver Harris, Shemar are 100% CB there. That's 29.
Depends on whether they have ICs they can apply to last year's class or next year's (assuming anyone they sign in Feb doesn't enroll until August). 25 is the hard number, but the year (+/- 1) to which you apply that 25 can be adjusted even if there are more than 25 who enroll in a given year. Miami signed Cody Brown, Justice O. (& someone else I can't recall right now) last year and their scholarships were applied to the '22 class, meaning they have less than 25 ICs for this upcoming class. That's likely why Mario is targeting 16-20 as a full class for this year.

the diff is in miami, these kids aren't superstars as they would be in a college town. they're the bams, jimmy butlers of their town.

This is the best way I can explain to our fans why bama and A&M get so many top recruits

Our players to their players:

100k 50k GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back