Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Shemar shouldn't be and probably isn't scared of any depth chart anywhere, I'd assume. But A&M signed FIVE Top 100 kids today on the DL. That's crazy to just walk right into that, is all I'm gonna say

That’s what I heard as well. Not trying to be funny but I would pick JSU over any school in Mississippi. I’m just not big on that state. But the location of Jackson is good.
Well.......JSU is ok, but if I had to pick a school I'd choose either Ole Miss or Miss St. All the HBCU are under funded and not in the best location. I just personally could live in Jackson. Just don't like it there.

Advertisement
Bruh what data? This factious topic cracks me up. JSU had nearly 100 athletes drafted in the nfl since the 60’s. A matter of fact, JSU had more players drafted in 2000 than even Alabama. The current landscape of college football is a rather new phenomenon. It wasn’t uncommon for a athletes to opt for the D1-aa route as opposed to D1-a, especially for a black athlete to opt for an HBCU. However, more schools started to invest more money in their football programs which fcs programs and even some fbs programs couldn’t compete with. However, JSU is now having access to more resources and the development will occur due to Prime.

If your argument is about coaching development you may have an argument but that is flawed too because if that was the case every athlete should go play for Saban. But you can’t talk about comp being an issue when NDSU had a 1st & 2nd round selection a few months back. And neither of those kids came in with rankings as Hunter. Why can’t JSU get 2 1st round picks with 5 ⭐️ when we saw NDSU almost achieve that feat with two players who weren’t even ranked?

I’m not calling Prime the new Saban but I’m saying it is possible for him to have two potential 5 ⭐️ recruits drafted in the 1st round. Since March we have seen more JSU games on espn affiliated channels than ever before. The more we see these kids play the more likely it is for them to be drafted.
Lol at what data, the players you reference are clearly the exception not the norm (“nearly 100” out of a pool of hundreds of thousands or less than 1%) and to act ignorant to draft data between major D1 college football programs and a place like Jackson St is silly. I don’t need to go all the way back to the 60s for data irrelevant to the college football landscape today, I can just look at the last decade for a clear picture.

My argument was never that they couldn’t but more so the risk involved in choosing a program like Jackson St when you have the opportunity to go anywhere (which is the real point specific to Hunter and Stewart and why it’s so news worthy). Jackson St doesn’t have the coaching (Prime was a HOF player but the coaching resume has just started), structure, competition (which does matter more often than not for development not just with who you play against on game day but more so who you battle against daily in practice) or resources to be in the same universe of developing football players for the league. I know you and everyone else in the forum understand this. If they did……..this wouldn’t be a story that is considered “history making” and you wouldn’t have had near the reaction this board displayed.

It was a cash grab, and it’s a big risk. I hope it pays off for them.

Y'all really this upset kids are taking potentially millions? They generate billions.

The funny thing is there is literally no future scenario where these people that are saying he's making a mistake think they are wrong. If He doesn't get drafted in 1st round it'll be "see he could have been a 1st, told you". If he is a 1st rounder it'll be "see I told you he could have went higher and is now losing out on millions..." ..

...meanwhile it's entirely possible that a 5* recruit will be a bust regardless where they go. At the end of the day nobody knows if this is a mistake or not. But I'll tell you what - I'd rather get a million dollars today on a "mistake" AND the potential for tens of millions in the future than just the promise of ten million tomorrow ....

That’s what I heard as well. Not trying to be funny but I would pick JSU over any school in Mississippi. I’m just not big on that state. But the location of Jackson is good.
Jackson is the only city in that state I'd even consider goin to school. lol (unlesssomebodytrynathrowmeamillionthenimhappytobewhereverthereis)

Advertisement
Lol at what data, the players you reference are clearly the exception not the norm (“nearly 100” out of a pool of hundreds of thousands or less than 1%) and to act ignorant to draft data between major D1 college football programs and a place like Jackson St is silly. I don’t need to go all the way back to the 60s for data irrelevant to the college football landscape today, I can just look at the last decade for a clear picture.

My argument was never that they couldn’t but more so the risk involved in choosing a program like Jackson St when you have the opportunity to go anywhere (which is the real point specific to Hunter and Stewart and why it’s so news worthy). Jackson St doesn’t have the coaching (Prime was a HOF player but the coaching resume has just started), structure, competition (which does matter more often than not for development not just with who you play against on game day but more so who you battle against daily in practice) or resources to be in the same universe of developing football players for the league. I know you and everyone else in the forum understand this. If they did……..this wouldn’t be a story that is considered “history making” and you wouldn’t have had near the reaction this board displayed.

It was a cash grab, and it’s a big risk. I hope it pays off for them.

You said comp will prevent them. Man your argument on comp was proven wrong last draft. My statement said that they could potentially get drafted in the 1st round if they perform to their billing. You said the comp will not allow them too. We just saw NDSU have a 1st & 2nd round selection a few months back. That’s my point. Yea it’s an anomaly but it’s recent and couple years prior to Trey, we saw Carson Wentz get drafted. Literally every year we see fcs guys get drafted between the 1st & 2nd round. Obviously the comp is not interfering with their selections. If 2 five ⭐️ ball out why can’t they be 1st or 2nd round picks?

THIS IS A SHEMAR STEWART THREAD NOT LETS ARGUE ABOUT PRIME TIME VS NIL RULES AND FSU TEARS.

IS STEWART COMING???
IS STEWART COMING???

We’re still discussing and waiting. Some of us are engaged in a heavy discussion on whether or not it’s a good move or not.

Advertisement
You said comp will prevent them. Man your argument on comp was proven wrong last draft. My statement said that they could potentially get drafted in the 1st round if they perform to their billing. You said the comp will not allow them too. We just saw NDSU have a 1st & 2nd round selection a few months back. That’s my point. Yea it’s an anomaly but it’s recent and couple years prior to Trey, we saw Carson Wentz get drafted. Literally every year we see fcs guys get drafted between the 1st & 2nd round. Obviously the comp is not interfering with their selections. If 2 five ⭐️ ball out why can’t they be 1st or 2nd round picks?
I never said it wouldn’t allow them, it would prevent them, or they couldn’t………I said it’s a big risk for the opportunities they have and that competition (among other things) does play a role in development. They could get drafted from Jackson St but they stand a better chance of proper development at any number of legit D1 programs they had offers to. The players you reference are clearly the exception not the rule, they took a big risk on the contingency of a quick pay day, and I sincerely hope it works out for them.

Advertisement
And the one loss was to 4-8 Louisiana-Monroe

They still won 11 games. The original poster mistakenly saw their 2020 spring schedule and thought they only won 4 games. They loss to ULM but there’s a reason why fbs teams are always favored against fcs teams. In year 1 they lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back