Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before highly ranked recruits can get big health insurance policies? In the big of scheme of things, bag money for NFL prospects is peanuts. Yeah yeah these kids are often dirty poor… I’ll hang up and take my answer off-line.

It isn't peanuts when you consider its tax free and rookie contracts aren't that lucrative aside from the top rounds. Now if they get a second contract, yes, it's peanuts unless they get the league minimum which is similar once taxes are taken out.

Advertisement
With the new NIL stuff im sure someone smart enough can put together a package that would be enticing to stay home.
just purely on alumni and their want to be relevant, college station has equal if not more monetary possibility for top end recruits than Miami does. Remember TX, oil and AM in particular are synonymous

You can consider Jimbo gone (LSU bound)....so that alone gives us a shot coupled with if we can finish this season the right way. Other problem is if Jimbo indeed goes to LSU, they can bag with the best of em too. So will LSU become a threat and replace A&M

You can consider Jimbo gone (LSU bound)....so that alone gives us a shot coupled with if we can finish this season the right way. Other problem is if Jimbo indeed goes to LSU, they can bag with the best of em too. So will LSU become a threat and replace A&M
True, I also think A&M has the opportunity to lose some games still.

Advertisement

I doubt Jimbo goes back to LSU. He has an ungodly buyout - something in the neighborhood of $50m IIRC.

I doubt Jimbo goes back to LSU. He has an ungodly buyout - something in the neighborhood of $50m IIRC.
I could be wrong but I posted on another thread that Jimbo was hired to A&M by the same AD that recently left A&M for LSU.

The contract buyout for this year was $0....when I read it I couldn't believe it because it's as clear as day that the AD knew he'd be leaving soon and negotiated Jimbo's contract so that he could take him with him absolutely zero cost.

I need to find that article

I could be wrong but I posted on another thread that Jimbo was hired to A&M by the same AD that recently left A&M for LSU.

The contract buyout for this year was $0....when I read it I couldn't believe it because it's as clear as day that the AD knew he'd be leaving soon and negotiated Jimbo's contract so that he could take him with him absolutely zero cost.

I need to find that article

This is what I found. Yeah I know the AD and him are tight but here’s what I’ve read on the buyout…

Advertisement
Checking out ITU, and Gabby seems to think it's all but over with Shemar. He says we have a better shot at Lucas but that they're both long shots. ****.

Gabby also thinks a few of TAMU's south florida recruits who spurned Miami may be considering hitting the portal for various reasons:

- Donnell Harris, Braylen Ingraham, Thaiu Jones Bell, Frank Ladsen, Marcus Dumervil, Jonathan Denis,

Just something to think about; most of those guys haven't seen the field and they may think about going back home... You never know these days

Checking out ITU, and Gabby seems to think it's all but over with Shemar. He says we have a better shot at Lucas but that they're both long shots. ****.

Yeah and even kelly will be a tough pull. Those 3 would have been an unreal haul

Advertisement
Gabby also thinks a few of TAMU's south florida recruits who spurned Miami may be considering hitting the portal for various reasons:

- Donnell Harris, Braylen Ingraham, Thaiu Jones Bell, Frank Ladsen, Marcus Dumervil, Jonathan Denis,

Just something to think about; most of those guys haven't seen the field and they may think about going back home... You never know these days
I thought Ingraham went to bama?

Where are you getting this from?

Dude has so much guaranteed money from aTm and a admin/boosters willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. I don’t see why he would goto LSU unless his new chick is f))ing ex UT players

Where are you getting this from?

Dude has so much guaranteed money from aTm and a admin/boosters willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. I don’t see why he would goto LSU unless his new chick is f))ing ex UT players

Poster is guessing. Even TD posters don’t know where he’s going but they all agree that Woodward is going after big fish. His supposed 1/2 choices are Riley and dabo. After that it gets murky, lots of guessing, but the consensus is they’re looking at Franklin, tucker, jimbo. Guys like Aranda and Napier are supposedly in a lower tier.

Advertisement

1. I'll only take Harris if he changes his twitter name to TransferPortalDonnell.

2. Dumervil and Denis are intriguing just because they are young OL and we'll need to load up on guys that can play right away as well as guys for the future since our recruiting is non-existent at OL right now.

3. Ingraham should have never went to Bama. He was a perfect fit for what Miami's DL do.

4. WR isn't the biggest need with the young guys primed to break out but wouldn't surprise me to see them take 1 (not necessarily Ladsen or Bell).

1. I'll only take Harris if he changes his twitter name to TransferPortalDonnell.

2. Dumervil and Denis are intriguing just because they are young OL and we'll need to load up on guys that can play right away as well as guys for the future since our recruiting is non-existent at OL right now.

3. Ingraham should have never went to Bama. He was a perfect fit for what Miami's DL do.

4. WR isn't the biggest need with the young guys primed to break out but wouldn't surprise me to see them take 1 (not necessarily Ladsen or Bell).

I don't think the kid has played a single snap this year at Bama. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back