Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's waiting until February, it's because he wants to come here and he's looking for a reason.

If it's OSU or UGA, why wait? They're both ranked high and have very stable coaching staffs.

Presumably A&M is stable as well (despite the Jimbo to LSU rumors).

Miami is the only reason to wait.

Advertisement
If he's waiting until February, it's because he wants to come here and he's looking for a reason.

If it's OSU or UGA, why wait? They're both ranked high and have very stable coaching staffs.

Presumably A&M is stable as well (despite the Jimbo to LSU rumors).

Miami is the only reason to wait.
plus those schools also would like to fill out their heavy weights in the early signing.

The only other reason to wait other than see how we are performing is....GETTING that squid game bag big enough. Well his recruiting seems to be controlled by that coach mostly...so we shall see.

Guys if you read the tea leaves in this thread the bag from TAMU has already been delivered and accepted, just move on.
So what your saying is A and M lost all their leverage for getting own to paper?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Curious… when you flip, do you hand the bag back? That’s gotta be awkward?
Presumably It’s not all at once, but likely in annual payments. There are probably interesting conversations that come up once a player considers going to the transfer portal.

Also, since it is under the table it has to be on the honor system. There is no binding contract. Aside from reputation, there is nothing to stop an A&M from renegotiating or eliminating the bag payments after the first year. Once you’re there, aside from the transfer portal the leverage all resides with the team and the bag personnel.

Advertisement
Presumably It’s not all at once, but likely in annual payments. There are probably interesting conversations that come up once a player considers going to the transfer portal.

Also, since it is under the table it has to be on the honor system. There is no binding contract. Aside from reputation, there is nothing to stop an A&M from renegotiating or eliminating the bag payments after the first year. Once you’re there, aside from the transfer portal the leverage all resides with the team and the bag personnel.

Correct. There's visit money, commit money, signing money and then once you enroll, there's some more. The $200k might not be all in the form of dollar bills, necessarily (could be in this case) but moreso "value".

Advertisement
I'm not even concerned about getting those guys.

You have to ask yourself what impact would they have on the team in 2022? Would Stewart be a starter in 2022? Doubtful. I think you can get a quality DE in the portal that could equal the output of either guy in their freshman year.

We're going to have Chance Williams, Jahfari Harvey, and Elijah Robert's getting most of the DE playing time in 2022 and 2023. I expect Jabari Ishmael and Thomas Davis to take that next step and get some snaps in 2022, then more contribution in 2023. We should have all these guys thru the 2023 season.

So, missing on Stewart and Kelly won't hurt us. We just can't miss with the 2023 class.
This line of thinking has screwed Miami depth wise in talent quality for years. I respectfully disagree.

How long before highly ranked recruits can get big health insurance policies? In the big of scheme of things, bag money for NFL prospects is peanuts. Yeah yeah these kids are often dirty poor… I’ll hang up and take my answer off-line.

This line of thinking has screwed Miami depth wise in talent quality for years. I respectfully disagree.

Agree. This 2022 sofla class of DL is arguably the best in MANY years and we're about to strike out. I don't care how good we are, if you strike out in the trenches on big time talent, that's NEVER a good thing. and this whole "next year's class is a great year in sofla" line of thinking has NEVER worked for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back