Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Every big time program other than Miami, maybe, drops bags. So you can eliminate bags as the reason if he picks A&M over any other SEC school or OSU.

I know it's popular to think every local kid would pick UM if the playing field was equal. But it ain't equal and some kids just wanna see something different.

Hope he stays home at Miami but the idea that Jimbo's bag game is better than UGA, Alabama or LSU, just for example, no reason to believe that.

Jimbo's a great recruiter and always has been, and it ain't only bags.

All of that and add in that town is all about their Aggies. Been there, played there, and there's some mighty fine *** women there. That was 25 years ago, imagine it's better now.

When I say women, I mean the COLLEGE. Sure, as a city Miami owns them, but college kids, the ones they have a chance at, it's the land of milk and honey. UT, that's next level, but not by much.

We are getting there in facilities, but A&M is throwing crazy money at facilities and amenities. ****, their fan zone or whatever they call it for fans tailgating is fresh as can be.

All in all though, kids just want something different from what they're used to. College Station isn't the cow town it used to be.

Bro… TAMU doesn’t put more DL in the league than Miami. TAMU DL coach doesn’t have NFL experience. College Station has nothing on Miami. Tamu isn’t winning anything anytime soon. Not saying Miami is going to. His NIL would definitely be more lucrative at Miami than at TAMU. Our D-Line with him and Njaylik Kelly would be scary. Again… only Alabama and OSU would make sense.
You mean our D-Line with Shemar Stewart, Njaylik Kelly and Leonard Taylor would be scary? **** right it would.

All of that and add in that town is all about their Aggies. Been there, played there, and there's some mighty fine *** women there. That was 25 years ago, imagine it's better now.

When I say women, I mean the COLLEGE. Sure, as a city Miami owns them, but college kids, the ones they have a chance at, it's the land of milk and honey. UT, that's next level, but not by much.

We are getting there in facilities, but A&M is throwing crazy money at facilities and amenities. ****, their fan zone or whatever they call it for fans tailgating is fresh as can be.

All in all though, kids just want something different from what they're used to. College Station isn't the cow town it used to be.
You make a good point. If we build it back up, they will come, I'd expect. And repping your local team has value for kids everywhere. But there are definitely some positives to being the big fish in the pond in a college town that aren't as clear when you're a medium fish in a town with huge fish in Miami. You have celebrities and pro athletes everywhere in So Fla. That appeals to some kids and we need to focus on how to sell it. But let's not kid ourselves, being the star on the team at A&M, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, that's pretty darn appealing to many people, especially to 18 year old kids.

Advertisement
damson idris money GIF by Snowfall

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back