Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
IMO, reading their "body language," @Cribby and @nycane have insinuated (but definitely not stated specifically or been direct about it) that we have a silent(2) at DE which is why we aren't expanding the board. I feel they are hinting at either Stewart or Kelly or if god gives us a winning lottery ticket, both. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've posted this, honesty I've been waiting for one of them to shut me down, bur they haven't said a word, which could be telling, so based on that I'm happy to sit back and let our coaches work without questioning them.
I don't recall saying we had two silents at DE. I said the staff is optimistic about Stewart, Kelly, and Lucas.

Advertisement
I don't recall saying we had two silents at DE. I said the staff is optimistic about Stewart, Kelly, and Lucas.

Well kick me in the nads, why doncha? You never did "say" it. No one said it. I felt there was implication regarding someone complaining why we weren't expanding the board.

I am going to choose to think you're covering your tracks a little because I am in an anti-mope mood.:)

Also, I kant reed goood.

Well kick me in the nads, why doncha? You never did "say" it. No one said it. I felt there was implication regarding someone complaining why we weren't expanding the board.

I am going to choose to think you're covering your tracks a little because I am in an anti-mope mood.:)
I have private convos with @Cribby among others and I think he will tell you I never said this in private either.

Advertisement

Also, I kant reed goood.
All I’ve said was the staff feels they’re in a pretty good spot at de , that’s why there’s no new offers. I haven’t heard anything on Lucas lately but they thought they had a good chance there too.

All I’ve said was the staff feels they’re in a pretty good spot at de , that’s why there’s no new offers. I haven’t heard anything on Lucas lately but they thought they had a good chance there too.

I've never bought in on Lucas. I thought you guys were feeling that one of Kelly or Stewart were on board. I hate seeing this TXAM/OSU crap these last few days.

Advertisement
First of all Miami can play the bag game now in my opinion. Maybe not Alabama money, but we can find a way to impact a recruitment. Secondly, As we have seen with Singletary, the kids gonna like other programs during the season. Just win! Diaz may not be the second coming of Bear Bryant, but he’s also Shrewd enough to realize how to play the recruiting game. Buckle up. Big time schools recruit big time kids

You could spend a lot of time scolling past my posts, old guy (you too @Warrior808) I care nothing about. I don’t stick up for other teams. I’m what you call objective.. most Miami fans have no sense of reality and I try to offer that. That’s all.
I never called you out by name nor was I disrespectful. I replied to the the A&M thing with facts and reasons on why I did not believe we take a backseat the them. At least at the DE position. Sorry if that offended you young guy (I am 36 by the way, old enough but not dirt yet)

You laid it on pretty heavy for the Aggies, the first response was enough to paint the picture. I replied to it. Not a big deal. Last I checked this is a Miami board, I wont apologize for backing up our team with reasonable counterpoints. Pretty sure the pokes would roast me like a redheaded stepchild if I went on their board copping for the U.

First of all Miami can play the bag game now in my opinion. Maybe not Alabama money, but we can find a way to impact a recruitment. Secondly, As we have seen with Singletary, the kids gonna like other programs during the season. Just win! Diaz may not be the second coming of Bear Bryant, but he’s also Shrewd enough to realize how to play the recruiting game. Buckle up. Big time schools recruit big time kids
That is the key to it all.

Advertisement
When he recruited against Miami it just wasn’t fair though. He just bullied Golden and Radio’s staff. One thing Jimbo does know is that SFLA is where you go and recruit. People always bring up Saban and his obsession with SFLA but I’d argue Jimbo has done more damage down here.
Listen. FSU used to do a lot of damage in South Florida. That's why I'm shedding no tears over the demise of Bobbah. They used to ***** us over. So many kids they took out of South Florida in the '80's, including Keith Carter, Sterling Palmer, Paul Moore, and many others.

One time I heard that they're sleazeball recruiter down in South Florida was Cuck Amato.

I also heard--on good authorit--that Sterling Palmer did not have a qualifying transcript but he ended up eligible the first year at FSU. If they were doctoring transcripts that's pretty sleazy.

Bye, Bobbah.

Actually, my "Walmart" reference was based on my recollection that in one interview the young man, Shemar, talked about how impressed he was with College Station, saying, "They even have a Walmart now."

Somebody said above that College Station has changed, it's not the College Station you used to know. Well, I have never know College Station, I've never been their, it doesn't sound like a place I'd be particularly interested in going, but these kids are impressionable.

Who knows what they show these kids in these dull boring towns? Like that Canadian kid who was interested in Toledo. They probably showed him some Potemkin Village and told him it was identical to South Beach. Maybe a river near a popular bar and had some of the best-looking co-eds lie down on the river bank to sun themselves.

Be impressed with an unfamiliar city when they bring in a Wegman's food store.

Here's an example of a Potemkin Village.

Potemkin Village.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back