Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willis dominated under Simpson. Willis is also a head case who had huge red flags which caused him to drop down draft boards. The point is showing a player what you can do with a five star talent. He can also use prior success whether he was here or not. It’s the same **** defensive system. Tell the prospect I’ve coached in the NFL. I know what those guys want, also btw have you seen what our defensive scheme just produced? Two first round picks. Both of whom had very limited playing time. Imagine playing here for three full seasons. This isn’t a black and white discussion. Explain the merits of the program. Just seems like you want to pack it in at this point.
Dominating from a Canes fan perspective vs a high school prospect is likely a little different. I'm not arguing that Simpson sucks just that he cant use recent success as part of his narrative. He very well has a solid resume and I hope that may be attractive to recruits but Phillips and Rosseau aren't apart of that.

Advertisement
He can and will absolutely use Miami's pedigree of putting DE's into the league regardless of whose coaching.

Yall really try and make things up that do not exist.
Not sure how this applies you are speaking on tradition I'm speaking on coaching.

If you think Simpson cannot utilize that 2018 season as a barometer I do not know what to tell you.
I think Simpson can't use he's put DE in 1st rd along with the 2018 season as a barometer. That is very different than he can't use Miami. Before Stroud who was our last highly drafted Defensive Lineman? If you don't know the difference between Miami has put XX in the league and I have put XX in the league I don’t know what to tell you.

If you think Simpson cannot utilize that 2018 season as a barometer I do not know what to tell you.
Do you think T-Rob is using the players he personally has coached that have been drafted as a part of his sales pitch?

Advertisement
Do you think T-Rob is using the players he personally has coached that have been drafted as a part of his sales pitch?
Both sides on this are right....

You are making a point in a vacuum while the others are making a recruiting general point, both can be true.

To your point, Simpson cannot say "I" coached, developed and put two players in the first round last year because he didn't and to try to do so would come off as disingenuous. I am unsure what other kids he maybe coached and developed but you are also right someone like Trob and Likens will take former accomplishments with them. Trob isnt saying the system at USCe is what attributed to Horn going first round, **** nah I developed him. Or look at someone like Coach Kul who touted all these underrated guys he developed. Now it is the flipside of that and that is school's always touting alumni.

Bama loses its assistants each and every year, the new guys stepping in 100% sell the "system" and "lineage." Even Simpson with Gwillis put him in a position to be drafted, he had tons of great tape on the field and filled the stat sheets, it was the off field stuff that did him in. It also helps that both phillips and GR15 seem committed to giving back to the school and can help mentor those kids regardless if it is Stroud or Simpson.

Advertisement
I get what you are saying but you keep forgetting that Stroud is still part of the staff and it’s still the same head coach. Your argument loses all strength go troll elsewhere.
You bleeders should learn more words than troll.

I think Simpson can't use he's put DE in 1st rd along with the 2018 season as a barometer. That is very different than he can't use Miami. Before Stroud who was our last highly drafted Defensive Lineman? If you don't know the difference between Miami has put XX in the league and I have put XX in the league I don’t know what to tell you.
Forget about Simpson...

Manny can use it.

So your texting awhole lot about nothing honestly.

Brah we had 3 de's drafted last draft...Do you think it matters if Betty White coached them...they all played on a Manny Diaz scheme that allows de's to eat......RESPECTFULLY

Simpson also coached Rousseau previously.

Advertisement
Forget about Simpson...

Manny can use it.

So your texting awhole lot about nothing honestly.

Brah we had 3 de's drafted last draft...Do you think it matters if Betty White coached them...they all played on a Manny Diaz scheme that allows de's to eat......RESPECTFULLY

Simpson also coached Rousseau previously.
ok.

Both sides on this are right....

You are making a point in a vacuum while the others are making a recruiting general point, both can be true.

To your point, Simpson cannot say "I" coached, developed and put two players in the first round last year because he didn't and to try to do so would come off as disingenuous. I am unsure what other kids he maybe coached and developed but you are also right someone like Trob and Likens will take former accomplishments with them. Trob isnt saying the system at USCe is what attributed to Horn going first round, **** nah I developed him. Or look at someone like Coach Kul who touted all these underrated guys he developed. Now it is the flipside of that and that is school's always touting alumni.

Bama loses its assistants each and every year, the new guys stepping in 100% sell the "system" and "lineage." Even Simpson with Gwillis put him in a position to be drafted, he had tons of great tape on the field and filled the stat sheets, it was the off field stuff that did him in. It also helps that both phillips and GR15 seem committed to giving back to the school and can help mentor those kids regardless if it is Stroud or Simpson.
Thank you for using your brain valid post.

Advertisement
Maybe I’m just naive, but he doesn’t come across as looking for Bags. I think he’s doing his due diligence but I don’t get a Bag vibe from him. Not that schools won’t try.
Wasn't it LSU that said the KID was the one who requested bags on his visit and they told him no? Like LSU is now on some moral high ground and wont pay for a top 5 overall prospect?

Maybe I’m just naive, but he doesn’t come across as looking for Bags. I think he’s doing his due diligence but I don’t get a Bag vibe from him. Not that schools won’t try.
Well I mean bags are kind of okay in a way now

Wasn't it LSU that said the KID was the one who requested bags on his visit and they told him no? Like LSU is now on some moral high ground and wont pay for a top 5 overall prospect?
I hadn’t heard that but may explain why they’ve fallen off of his list of faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back