Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivals has a brief update on Shemar's recruitment this morning. Ferman/Shodell spoke with his coach, Mario Perez. According to the coach, Shemar is considering not making

Seems that the pitch these other schools are making is that they can better prepare him for the NFL.

Could be nothing. It has always seemed like he would watch to see how the season went.
Yep this last draft just proved it.

Ohhh wait.....

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree but at least Phillips was a 5 star talent, now Greg Rousseau’s story and development is our calling card and main proof that DEs are our thing. Rousseau didn’t even have a position in high school he literally played every position. You can’t get a better success story than his.
In addition we’ve had other ends drafted. They weren’t high picks but they were drafted. Garvin chad we’re picked and did well here

this Perez a-hole
Fiserv Forum Reaction GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

I’m not surprised. He’s a top 10 prospect on the d line. The big boys won’t just roll over and die on him. We did a good job getting pole position this summer. Just need to win and stay on him. The pitch should be easy. After Phillip’s success there’s not really anything those programs can say.

I’m not surprised. He’s a top 10 prospect on the d line. The big boys won’t just roll over and die on him. We did a good job getting pole position this summer. Just need to win and stay on him. The pitch should be easy. After Phillip’s success there’s not really anything those programs can say.
Only problem with having 2 first round DE is the coach for them is no longer recruiting. Simpson is no slouch but oddly enough I certainly don't see it as an upgrade.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
Only problem with having 2 first round DE is the coach for them is no longer recruiting. Simpson is no slouch but oddly enough I certainly don't see it as an upgrade.
if you are referring to Stroud, he is still on the staff. He might not be able to recruit directly but he can still help the current players develop.

if you are referring to Stroud, he is still on the staff. He might not be able to recruit directly but he can still help the current players develop.
I also think in Strouds role he can do **** similar to DVD last year, texts, meet him on campus, just no in-home visits. If we do lose Shemar it won't be because Jess and not Stroud is the DL coach.

Advertisement
I’d counter with the fact Simpson coached DL in the NFL. Show him Gerald Willis’s tape too. There’s a million reasons why he can be super successful here. We just have to perform on Saturdays to seal the deal. Also if Taylor has a strong season, you are selling immediate impact playing time.

I also think in Strouds role he can do **** similar to DVD last year, texts, meet him on campus, just no in-home visits. If we do lose Shemar it won't be because Jess and not Stroud is the DL coach.

I’d counter with the fact Simpson coached DL in the NFL. Show him Gerald Willis’s tape too. There’s a million reasons why he can be super successful here. We just have to perform on Saturdays to seal the deal. Also if Taylor has a strong season, you are selling immediate impact playing time.
My point is that Simpson cant use prior success as part of his recruiting. Phillips/Rousseau became 1st rounders under Stroud not Simpson. Stroud can still have contact but by all accounts I've read he was a very good recruiter. Using Willis to a high school kid is lackluster, he was and undrafted FA who is out of the league.

Advertisement
My point is that Simpson cant use prior success as part of his recruiting. Phillips/Rousseau became 1st rounders under Stroud not Simpson. Stroud can still have contact but by all accounts I've read he was a very good recruiter. Using Willis to a high school kid is lackluster, he was and undrafted FA who is out of the league.
Willis dominated under Simpson. Willis is also a head case who had huge red flags which caused him to drop down draft boards. The point is showing a player what you can do with a five star talent. He can also use prior success whether he was here or not. It’s the same **** defensive system. Tell the prospect I’ve coached in the NFL. I know what those guys want, also btw have you seen what our defensive scheme just produced? Two first round picks. Both of whom had very limited playing time. Imagine playing here for three full seasons. This isn’t a black and white discussion. Explain the merits of the program. Just seems like you want to pack it in at this point.

Advertisement

He can and will absolutely use Miami's pedigree of putting DE's into the league regardless of whose coaching.

Yall really try and make things up that do not exist.

Yall do realize that top teams has coaches leave all the time right I never heard a kid say that coach is no longer at Ohio state or Oklahoma and therefore they cant put guys in the league......we just have to sell him that the system puts guys in the league
Like I guess Saban can’t recruit any offensive players now that Sark is gone. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back